Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like my climatronic is not working very well. I have an issue with heat, AC, rear defogger etc. I would like to start by swapping my climatronic, but most of the climatronic modules have the heated seat option. My 2007 EOS does not have heated seats. If I put in the climatronic with the heated seat option, will it work? (not the heated seats, but the climate control).
VCDS is showing a fault with the HVAC system. I know that pertains to the compressor, but the climatronic seems like it has a mind of its own. It will not adjust, and when I turn it on, it keeps going up, then down.

Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 1K0-907-044.lbl
Part No SW: 1Q0 907 044 D HW: 1Q0 907 044 D
Component: ClimatronicPQ35 111 0202
Revision: 00111021 Serial number: 00000000000000
Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
VCID: 2E050BD97C1F838BF17-807A

1 Fault Found:
00229 - Refrigerant Pressure
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded

·
Registered
936 Posts
When was the last time you recharged the AC system? If the refrigerant pressure is low, that's the first thing to check - it's not necessarily a fault with the compressor, there are several causes. The climatronic system can only be expected to behave correctly once that problem is resolved.

When the electronics throw a fault code, that doesn't mean there's a problem with the electronics - it's the electronics telling you that there is a problem you need to go and fix. ;)

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
The rear window defogger isn't part of the HVAC system as far as I know? Before launching into the realms of uncertainty, why not try and fix the defogger first because if that shares a fuse or wiring with the HVAC controller you just might get lucky with the other problems. Otherwise, you could be changing everything, still nothing works and you have the same problem?

If the defogger power source is through the climatronic controller, work on getting that right first?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts