Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on ebay earlier and see this for the Eos Comfort roof control unit, just wondered if this any one had one or was thinking of getting it you can get info at www.mods4cars.com

·
Registered
46 Posts
That gadget looks great, lots of cool functions! reasonable too at US$ 379

Only one concern tho.............how would it affect the VW warranty?

I'm guessing if something went wrong with the roof or electrics after that piece of kit was installed, the warranty would be null and void leaving you stuffed for want of a better word!

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi all..im thinking of getting this roof control unit too..at £195 +£10 postage doesn't seem too bad..BUT...if you look at the feedback comments you will see a few people in the uk complaining about being hit with customs duty on this item..:( ..had a word with a chap who got one for his boxster and he was asked for £46 duty off ups who delivered it before he they would give it to him(on top of the £150 he had already paid for it)!!:eek: however he says it was still less than porsche wanted,very easy to fit and works a treat so all in all he's happy..:) ..if anyone does buy one please let us know what happens regarding any customs/import duty etc..cheers..mark.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That gadget looks great, lots of cool functions! reasonable too at US$ 379

Only one concern tho.............how would it affect the VW warranty?

I'm guessing if something went wrong with the roof or electrics after that piece of kit was installed, the warranty would be null and void leaving you stuffed for want of a better word!
Dazza
You hit the nail on the head. This kit, or the fitting of it, would show up on the diagnostics I believe. Now how, if anything went wrong, could you prove that it was operated in an 'appropriate manner'. VW make great engines, but if you just stick any chip in, they'd be entitled to turn round and say "Wasn't us mate". As a German tech guy on another forum said, the last thing he wants to see on his MFD at 240kph is programmers' credits!

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi gurny..if you look at all of the features in the advert for the crc ..one of them is.. "Shop/Diagnose mode: The smartTOP can be set to be completely passive, as if it was not installed at all. It becomes invisible to diagnostic tools."....also... "User programmable: All features can be individually enabled or disabled. Some also allow different personal preferences to be set. All settings are retained even if the car battery is disconnected.."..dont know if its true ...sounds good...i think all these features should have been available as standard from vw...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi GE, I had fancied one as well, but was put off by posts on vwvortex. I'm cagey now, and will wait for a bit.
You're right though, how hard would it be for VW to do it?
John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts