Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just purchased a 2012 EOS - Komfort line,

My car speaks in German when I try to access the phone features,
in the manual it describes how to access the car's computer but I do not have access to the onboard computer (checked with the dealer)

Could someone help me out with what my options are?
Can i upgrade the media / computer system post purchase?

THanks
TO EOS

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hi I just purchased a 2012 EOS - Komfort line,

My car speaks in German when I try to access the phone features,
in the manual it describes how to access the car's computer but I do not have access to the onboard computer (checked with the dealer)

Could someone help me out with what my options are?
Can i upgrade the media / computer system post purchase?

THanks
TO EOS
You and your dealer are miscommunicating with each other.

It is true that you do not have access to your car's computer unless you own a RossTech VaGCom interface. You will not need this to change the language from german to English, which I assume you want.

However, you do have access to your vehicle's MFD. Explain to your dealer that you simply simply want to change the language on your phone option.

I have not had to do this so don't remember exactly where it is in my MFD (Multi-Function Display) on the dash.

Read through your Operator's manual regarding the MFD, or perhaps it is referred to MFI, which means Multi-Function Indicator.

Sorry I cannot be more specific at the moment. It's late and too tired to go out to my car to get my manual.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for that reply, I should have been clearer in my message, I know the dealer can fix the language, it just #@!% drives me crazy that I can't on my own.

i'm just disappointed in the electronics/media/computer in the car, and i'm hoping to upgrade to a better system - hence my question re: viable options available.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hi thanks for that reply, I should have been clearer in my message, I know the dealer can fix the language, it just #@!% drives me crazy that I can't on my own.

i'm just disappointed in the electronics/media/computer in the car, and i'm hoping to upgrade to a better system - hence my question re: viable options available.

Cheers
To my knowledge, you cannot change your basic computer system without spending thousands of dollars. And, even then, I don't believe it can be done.

You get what you get. However, I don't know why you think the current system is bad. What would you like to have that you don't already have on your 2012 Eos?

If you mean accessories such as an RNS510 nav system, back up camera, etc., yes those can be added.

My Komfort has the Tech Package so has most of the goodies included in the Lux but I also added a few other things, such as the RNS510.

You can also invest in a Ross-Tech VaGCom iinterface which will allow you to open a few options that are currently asleep in your computer. Many of us have done this also.

Again, what specifically do you want?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts