Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to replace the 6 CD changer located in to center console between the seats. The DIN keys are small metal strips cut with different notches designed to make the
CD changer and radio units hard to steal. There are photos on line that show where the keys are inserted. My 2007 Eos CD changer was dying and the removal info I found was not quite correct for my car. I found a vendor on Ebay , DSX. selling the correct CD changer for the car complete with DIN keys for removal for about $100. The DIN keys that came with the CD changer were correct for the the new unit, but not the old one in the car. I found different keys on Ebay that the seller claimed were correct for the 2007 Eos and they were. I asked my VW dealer about the DIN keys and they showed me a collection of 8 different ones. The point is that you must research what DIN keys are correct for your Eos year and CD or radio model. If you attempt to remove your CD player radio with out the keys you risk damage to the unit or the car.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts