Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Eos that is currently sitting in the garage with the convertible top looking like it is in motion to go down, but it is frozen. I noticed the diagram on the dash that shows when the door or trunk is open was displaying what looked like the back passenger side door as open. This is alarming because there are obviously only two doors on the car. So I figured the diagram was indicating an issue witht the rear window. I then realized that the rear window was going down when i would pull its lever up, and it would go up when i pushed the lever down; the complete opposite of what is supposed to happen. I thought I could try to get it back to normal by putting the top down and then up again, because my dad had driven it and put on the parking break, I thought maybe he had touched the lever that controls the converttible top by accident. So now the sunroof is open, and the panels on the back of the car are raised, but that's as far as it will go in either direction. Luckily it didn't get as far as the trunk swinging open before it froze, but this is still a big issue, especially since I need to drive 3 hours back home tomorrow. If anyone has had any sort of issues resembling this one I would love to hear anything you got. I am going to call a mechanic in the morning, but any other input is appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I unplugged the battery for about 15 minutes then reconnected it. The top is now all the way up, but the diagram still shows the rear passenger window down, and the button is still working in reverse. I would really love to not have to take it to a mechanic to get the window fixed, so once again...any input is welcome! Also, I read something about going through the re-learning procedure with the windows, and I don't have a manual for the car, so if anyone can help me out with that (since it may solve the problem), that would be amazing.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think it might only apply to the one-touch operation but it is worth a try. The handbook says:-

Close all windows and all the vehicle doors
Use the key to lock the vehicle from outside and hold the key in the locking direction for over two seconds. Repeat this procedure
The one-touch function is now ready for operation.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it might only apply to the one-touch operation but it is worth a try. The handbook says:-

Close all windows and all the vehicle doors
Use the key to lock the vehicle from outside and hold the key in the locking direction for over two seconds. Repeat this procedure
The one-touch function is now ready for operation.

Good luck!
Thank you so much, I followed you advice and my roof is not stuck anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts