Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I'm a new guy on here as I've only picked up my Eos a week or so ago. It's a black March 2010 model. It's an SE with a pile of upgrades.

I love the car, but the one thing that lets it down is the creaking sunroof. It is difficult to describe the noise other than creaking. If I put the sunroof on tilt then the noise goes away.

Anyone got any ideas...its driving me mad. I'm either going to have to keep the radio turned up or drive full time with the roof down!!

Appreciate any comments....

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,391 Posts
Definitely a reason to Krytox the roof seals, this is an indication the elastomer has dried out and starting to loose its flexibility. If the seals are not treated on a regular basis, the noise can become noise + water leaks.

Just use the search facility on this Forum with Krytox as the key word and you will find several hours of essential reading for a new Eos owner including links to a "how to do it" guide which includes some very useful photographs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi SilverShadow

Thanks for that. I did an awful lot of research before I bought the Eos and I know quite a lot about the need for Krytox. It is one of the first jobs I want to do so that I know the seals are treated.

It never dawned on me that this might be the cause, but now you mention it it does make sense.

It will be a couple of weeks before I can set to work on it, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

·
Registered
528 Posts
amazing the difference keeping your seals 'supple' makes...:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Creaking Sunroof

I too am going batty with the Creaking Noise(s) which seems to be getting worse.

I found a company who will sell us a .5oz tube of Krytox GPL 105 for $20.85 + Shipping.

They were super nice and sell mostly to large companies, but will take care of us! The company is:

Chempoint, located in Washington State.

www.chempoint.com
425-378-8568

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi there

I love the car, but the one thing that lets it down is the creaking sunroof. It is difficult to describe the noise other than creaking. If I put the sunroof on tilt then the noise goes away.
http://www.vweosclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4294&highlight=eos_up

Check out the thread below (especially re my posts (Eos_Up)) about half way down the thread. I had what sounds exactly the same problem you have. In the thread I posted the dealer fix that corrected the problem totally.

I was close to dumping the car before the repair fixed the problem. The creaking was driving me bananas.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got my creak sorted this week with another visit to the dealer. There was some sort of issue with the sunroof adjustment.

Hopefully gone for ever!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too am going batty with the Creaking Noise(s) which seems to be getting worse.

I found a company who will sell us a .5oz tube of Krytox GPL 105 for $20.85 + Shipping.

They were super nice and sell mostly to large companies, but will take care of us! The company is:

Chempoint, located in Washington State.

www.chempoint.com
425-378-8568
Krytox in the UK is £47 incl P&P that'll be $74.32 (source xe.com)

·
Registered
24 Posts
No more creaks!

Took my EOS in today before my original warranty expires ( end of the month )

The dealer spent a few hours and the creaks are completely gone! Woo hoo!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Took my EOS in today before my original warranty expires ( end of the month )

The dealer spent a few hours and the creaks are completely gone! Woo hoo!
Okay, now you will have to take care of the creaks yourself. a no brainer, actually.

I am sorry that it took your dealer a few hours to complete this process. If you invest in the same product that your dealer used, it will only take you about 15 minutes. "Krytox". Got it? If not, get it.:)

I suggest you spend some time going through all of the Eos posts. You will learn a great deal of information about your car that will help you for years to come.

That's what most of us have done.

Welcome to the best Eos site on the internet and we hope you will add suggestions to us as you acquire experience and solve problems of your own.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Sally R
1 Posts
Roof Creak Bang Fix

Hi,

My Eos roof was creaking and banging and I telephoned a number of VW dealerships but no one spoke with confidence about the roof. It seems as thought few VW dealerships send their mechanics on EOS roof training courses.

Then I found www.vrtonline.co.uk based near Heathrow. What a great company. Really knowledgeable and great to deal with. My wife drove the car 3 hours to get to VRT and the roof was fixed quickly and cheaply.

Thank you VRT for fixing the roof.

Regards Mike and Sally

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hi,

My Eos roof was creaking and banging and I telephoned a number of VW dealerships but no one spoke with confidence about the roof. It seems as thought few VW dealerships send their mechanics on EOS roof training courses.

Then I found www.vrtonline.co.uk based near Heathrow. What a great company. Really knowledgeable and great to deal with. My wife drove the car 3 hours to get to VRT and the roof was fixed quickly and cheaply.

Thank you VRT for fixing the roof.

Regards Mike and Sally
Okay, if you want to be beneficial to this site, what did they do to fix it sooooooooooo quickly and cheaply?

Details are important so that the rest of us don't get ripped off.

Most, if not all of us, are aware of the product called "Krytox" which is very expensive and not often given to the purchasers of an Eos, sad to say. VW is aware that to care for top seals properly, this product is an absolutely necessity.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts