Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking in the trunk of my 3.2 the other day and noticed that there's an area about 18" long that has two straps and looks as if it should hold something...but nothing is there. It's located directly below the latch and faces the backseat of the car.

Does anyone know what's supposed to go there?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just nipped out to look at mine, empty too! It's for the folding emergency triangle that neither of us got. I think early cars got them, and then....
John

·
Registered
52 Posts
straps

i went to look in my trunk.... i have a box strapped down with the jack in it. the box is held in place with two velcro staps. if your missing the jack, go back to the dealer. someone may have forgotten to put it in when your car was detailed or shipped. :eek:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Depends which country you are in..

In the UK we get a space saver spare and the jack is stored in the space saver centre.

The space with the two velcro straps is for a warning triange (Not supplied as standard in the UK).

VW sell one that fits nicely.

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
Depends which country you are in..

In the UK we get a space saver spare and the jack is stored in the space saver centre.

The space with the two velcro straps is for a warning triange (Not supplied as standard in the UK).

VW sell one that fits nicely.

It is for the warning triangle (if ordered), yes.

My umbrella fits in it quite well..

Why on earth don't all manufacturers offer retaining straps/nets in the boot to stop the shopping/bottles all coming out of the Sainsbury's bags and going from side to side in the boot on every bend?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahh...that explains it. I think you had the right idea in putting your umbrella in ther Neh ;)

I'll contact my dealer to see if they'll throw it in for me (wishful thinking)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts