Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dam Roads

Well another one bites the dust, second one in a year. Thought I'd try a different route and going coilovers. Started today to fit it all, but the rain stopped play so hoping the gods will look down on me and the EOS kindly and let me get on with it. No Idea what they will be like, so here's hoping they ride OK.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
I had the same problem on my front springs - 1 broken coil at the bottom. Not sure what you are expecting from coilovers? My EOS Sport uses an OE spring spec. only found on the sport model.

They use larger diameter steel X section in the spring coils compared to all other EOS models. I discovered this when I received and rejected so called 'compatible' aftermarket springs, which they were not. Sachs are the only manufacturer of the correct OE springs for the EOS Sport. I wouldn't trust aftermarket springs unless I knew they were 'OE Spec.' from a reputable manufacturer like Sachs.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mine looked like a monster truck, hated the way it looked. This was the perfect excuse to drop it. Sachs sports spring on all four corners would have cost too much, least this way I ended up with all four corners as matched sets. They came with a 2 years guarantee, better than VW ones being one year, not bad for the money.
All fitted, found other rear spring broke also, though only the bottom coil, so not that noticeably as the other side.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Your EOS stance looks great ? Shep

Mick

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Shep fitting coilovers was a great idea and have really improved the look of your Eos reducing the wheel arch gap significantly :cool:

I looked at mine to see if it looked bad and I don’t seem to have much of a gap (see photo attached) so I used the code checker to see if I could determine whether mine was already lowered as standard from the factory and all I could see on the list that may be related to the suspension were “individual (sports)” code E49 and “sports equipment” code A8F. Were sports already lowered and what specifically does “sports equipment” include?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
430 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Cheers Shep, much appreciated.

When a friend said to me “is your EOS the off road version” I decided that it needed a drop. When one of my rear springs broke it was just the excuse I needed, I dropped mine 35mm with just springs and I really like the stance now.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
When a friend said to me “is your EOS the off road version” I decided that it needed a drop. When one of my rear springs broke it was just the excuse I needed, I dropped mine 35mm with just springs and I really like the stance now.

Mick

Hi Mick,

"The off-road version" hahaha....I was reading through some other threads last night and I saw yours about modifications etc and the stance of yours does look great. I had the same problem on my MG ZTT, even with sport springs as standard the wheel arch gap just didn't look normal for the car so I also bought a set of lowering springs for it and what a difference they made.

·
497 Posts

Mick

Did you just chop the other spring to match the broken one for length to get your 35mm drop! lol.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Did you just chop the other spring to match the broken one for length to get your 35mm drop! lol.

I’m not that much of a cheapskate lol , I purchased a set of 35 mm drop springs.

Mick

·
497 Posts
I’m not that much of a cheapskate lol , I purchased a set of 35 mm drop springs.

Mick

Only joking...no offence meant :D

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts