Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
920 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
Not sure, as they said "dash display".

When you said dash lights I thought you meant the lights on the dashboard, ie speed/rev clocks, etc.
I wasn't sure as I know VW seems to change the spec on the smallest of things from country to country for no apparent reason.

· Registered
246 Posts
I wouldn't have thought they would have changed it until the facelift model came out, but as I said, we get different specifications in the UK than you get.
Is it a car you're thinking of getting, and wouldn't it be easier to ask the owner?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Purchased from Carvana, awaiting delivery. Certainly not a deal breaker, but I had heard that the US changed to white cluster n 2009 because people said the blue was hard on the eyes. (I agree seems change would have occurred with face lift)... anyhow, I had also been told you could replace clusters with 07 clusters and figured this would be a good place to verify if that is A. Necessary, B. Possible. I'll find out Tuesday what they look like! I'm just excited and probably over-prepping.

· Registered
246 Posts
Anything is possible.
I understand they don't fit the US model with a coin holder due to NHTSA safety regulations!

Never has an EOS cluster out of the dash, but maybe they can be changed to blue ones.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow.... not surprised.... yet every new car in US has illuminated dash lights now so people drive around with no lights on because they don't know their lights aren't on. I remember when, if it was dark enough NOT to see your dash, you turned on your headlights and voila, the dash little up also

· Registered
246 Posts
Just tried your link and it says -
Access denied
Error code 1020

Tried www.carvana.com and it says the same.
Another UK - USA thing.🤣
Red is a cool colour for these though.

Mine is black. Look great when clean, but that doesn't last long.
In Winter, it gets dirty, and in Summer it goes yellow from pollen.

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel Car

· Registered
8,834 Posts
MY07 EOS Sport with blue dash lights and red button lights has a manual dimmer control knob. If I can't see the dash lit when my lights are on, it's because the dimmer was set too low. If I can't see where I'm going at night, it's because my lights are off or not in AUTO.

But I got caught out being lazy driving off at night in another V.W without auto lights. Fortunately the front DRLs were lit and I could see where I was going until I turned the headlights on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts