Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my Golf Mk5 would tell me if a door was open, seat belt undone, amongst other things on the digital display between the dials, but my Eos doesn't display any of these warnings. In fact even the seatbelt warning light on the dials only comes on with the ignition and goes out once started regardless of us being strapped in. My question to other "Eosers" is what does yours do?:confused:
RgdS Paj

·
Registered
46 Posts
My display says 'please fasten seatbelt' or 'please refuel' or 'fill washer fluid' etc etc. It also has the symbol showing if the doors or boot are open.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
104 Posts
I havent found my dash warnings to be working either....My vw mark 5 golf, if you drove down the road without your seat belt on it would bleap at ya...Nothing like that on EOs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wonder if it's maybe just a setting or something. Mine bleeps if any of the seatbelts are not fastened etc.

Might be worth checking with your dealer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Totally agree. It was set up in this way at some point either by the dealer or the factory. I used to get annoyed with the pinging of the Golf but now miss it, especially if the kids haven't shut the door correctly or got the belt on right. The display does say if I'm opening the roof though.
RgdS Paj

·
Registered
104 Posts
It bleeps if you leave lights on and get out. But i can drive along all day with no seat belt on with no symbol or bleep. Shows on computer if door is open or boot but thats it.

1st crap thing to be found on EOS

Laura

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gremlin in the works

Hi Laura
It looks like you have a gremlin in the works, on my Eos Sport when a door or the boot is open is shows up in the computer unit.
Bill T

·
Registered
104 Posts
Does it show no seat belt on or make a pinging noise, when you have no belt on?

Laura

·
Registered
65 Posts
Seat Belt Warning

Yes
There is an audible and a visual warning, when one or both belts are unfastened when the car is in motion.
Bill T

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ours shows an outline of the car with the appropriate door open, not noticed a seat belt warning light. We also have a slightly different central display which shows turn messages for the sat nav but it can be configured to do different things.

BTW many of the configuration settings you used to have to go to the stealer for (e.g. central locking settings) can be set up from this menu.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My findings from this thread so far

This is not a fault, there are many different set ups for the displays and even on locking and unlocking the doors (one door - one touch, or locks when doing 12mph etc) please do not worry. This thread was to show how we have be sold a car which can be set up to our tastes, but it appears that none of us were asked how the car was to be fine tuned for our lives. I didn't go through a dealer (stealer (I like that one Ian)) for my car but many of you did. 25+ thousand pounds buys a lovely motor but not the personnal touch, probably got served instant coffee or Lidl juice!!
RgdS Paj

1 - 13 of 13 Posts