Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beautiful new Eos is sitting outside, still sparkly new, so thought I would provide a quick 'Day 2' review and upload some pics from earlier on today:

Without just saying 'everything', here's my starting list:
- The connection with the great outdoors from driving with the top down.
- The visibility all round (top down - haven't yet driven it with the top up); being able to look up as well as all around.
- The MPG - Already managed over 60 MPG as I softly drove home from the dealers along some dual carriageways at a cruise control checked 62 MPH (I'm no speedster!). With a bit of urban and faster motorway driving, still comfortably over 50 MPG - good going.
- The look of her and the just the magical way the roof works - it hasn't worn off from first falling in love with it 10 months ago (and then having to wait until my existing car had done its miles).
- The Heated Seats - even with continued (unusual) late summer weather in the UK, a little touch of heated seats and warm air does help.
- The ride - its beautiful - one of the best cars I've ever driven - don't let people tell you convertibles have to be stiff and rigid or have otherwise have wobble when the roof is down - great handling.
- DSG - easy to operate, with manual shift option and even a 'sport' mode - which I'd either never noticed at test drive or forgotten about (unlikely to use much - see MPG above!)
- The RNS 315 radio - after building dozens of models on the VW configurator website and apps - and every time having to 'lose DAB' whenever I added the Rear Camera - VW have upgraded the RNS 315 and the radio has managed to keep DAB, whilst also including the Rear Camera! :)
- The Cruise Control - It just works - really easy.
- The keyless entry - good, still glad I added it, but see below.
- The colour - Horizon Blue, matched with the Cornsilk Beige Vienna leather - looks better than I even thought it would - definitely worth speccing up a Sport (Horizon Blue is unavailable on the 'Exclusive' in the UK) - really impressed with the interior.
- The finish of the car - 100% excellent - sparkly all around (the last new car I had - Hyundai i40 - had bits of 'protective' blue plastic all over it that I was still picking off days later).
- The customer service at the VW dealer (Newbury) - top notch throughout - well done.

Dislikes:
Not such a long list, but, for the sake of honesty:
- The keyless entry with the external keyless fob CSC roof operation - it works, but only on reading the manual did I understand it only works if you are really close to the Eos (manual suggests approx 1m) - this is a little disappointing as I had images of clicking the roof open from 30 metres or so when returning to the Eos in a car park.
- No MDI to iphone 5 connection yet, but I've read the other forum posts and understand that Apple won't allow anyone to build this for a year after the iphone 5 was released (nearly up) - in the meantime at least I can charge it using the MDI to old iphone connection and an iphone 5 lightening converter - although this makes the length of the phone too long to fit inside the centre console.
- Centre console space is a little measly come to think of it!
- The headrest rods are thicker than every other car I've owned - meaning my car coat hanger (that originally came from a Ford Galaxy many moons ago) doesn't fit - eBay to the rescue I feel!
(I think my rather picky list better stop here!)

Overall (you may have guessed) - what a beautiful car - totally worth the wait and loving every minute! :)

Hope to let you know how I get on with my new plaything in the future.

Hope this photo link below works - if not, please check out my (one and only currently) new album with a few pics.

·
Platinum member
170 Posts
It's beautiful! Nice colour. The colour isn't dramatically different to the old original Leonie Blue that I liked, although it's a more silver blue. Definately better than the Rising Blue which they brought out c2010. The blues all look best with the cornsilk interior, it looks great. Congratulations on your purchase!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks LateBar - may see you on my regular visits to Reigate!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellow East Midlander!

·
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast
1,256 Posts
Great photo with the straw playing off the color of your leather and the clouds and sky playing off the color of the car itself. ENJOY!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Darren - never been complimented on my photography skills before! :)

The rolling Northamptonshire countryside set the scene nicely and the Eos does the rest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts