Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loved the sleek lines of Codyallyn's Eos and thoughtI would have a go at removing the badges. Just used a hair dryer to get them warm, dental floss to pull the letters away, then some petrol to remove the sticky stuff and a dose of polish to finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
It looks really nice de-badged, ads an air of mystery to the car for everyone who hasn't seen them before! :D

·
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks really nice de-badged, ads an air of mystery to the car for everyone who hasn't seen them before! :D
Glad you like. That was the part of the idea for folk to ask what it is. Also its a lot easier to polish without those bits of plastic catching the polish. Then having to pick it out again.

You going to try Lynne?

·
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still think understatement is better. but I do like the spoiler.

Looks like a US model am I correct?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey guys, i think both options look good! Not sure if I am going to try the de-badging.....going to wait and see what it looks like first and will then decide!

·
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, i think both options look good! Not sure if I am going to try the de-badging.....going to wait and see what it looks like first and will then decide!
Hi, Lynne,

Just keep us posted, should not be long now for delivery

cheers

·
Registered
113 Posts
yeah I will do! really swithering about what to do....well i suppose it is a womans parogative to keep changing her mind!!! :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I like the idea of de-badging! I was going to definitely take off the dealer badge when I get my EOS. Like someone said, they come off very easy with a hair dryer. I did that on my current car (2005 Civic).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have to agree , debadging makes the rear of this car sooo much cleaner. Less than an hour after I got my Eos, the badges and dealer crap were gone. It also tickles me when people circle my car like vultures trying to figure out what it is.:D The funniest compliment I got was "Hi, I like your convertible passat."

·
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Karlos,

Was just looking at your pics. The customisation makes the Eos look fantastic!

The chrome rims are something else.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Spoilers

Check eBay. Go to Auto Parts and Accessories and do a word search on "eos". You will find one for $219.00 pre-painted to match. I bought one and have been very happy. Can provide further info if you need it. :)

·
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had my EOS since October 06, if I de-badged now do you think there would be a noticeable difference in the paint shade?
Mine was purchased same date Oct 06 and there is not a problem as you can see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, I just finished removing the badges and the dealer sticker,

:D It looks great :D , very clean, people will really be wondering what my car is. Also I really like the clean look it gives.

Used a heat gun on low medium setting - the dental floss tip *thanks* and Goo-Gone to clean

Attachments

·
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks great, adds to the air of mystery, especially while the Eos is sill quite rare on the roads. The dental floss is good isn't it.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 84 Posts