Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ok y'all, my 2012 EOS IS DEAD DEAD!
I'm in the country NO ONE KNOWS anything @ this car. No I can't get in thru the trunk as suggested because it's electronic. I need the window to come down to pop the hood to charge the battery. The dealer 100 miles away has never worked on one so I'm not wanting to tow to the dealer馃が"COUNTRY"馃が! CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I'm single know a lot @ 馃嚭馃嚫 cars 1st EOS I'm 馃槳 that this happened!

Registered
OK, the first thing (and I say this to anyone who uses caps lock to try to get attention - it makes no difference, by the way) is to take a few deep breaths. It's much easier to solve these problems when you're not in a state of worry or panic, so that you don't end up doing anything rash.

Since it's just a flat battery, all you need to do is open the driver's door, and you can do this even when the window doesn't drop. The first thing is to unlock the door - the keyhole may be hidden by the handle trim, you may need to lift it up or pop it off. There may be a slot on the underside to insert the key into to pop it out. Then unlock the door, pull the handle, and ease the seal over the window. If it won't come easily, you could use a nylon pry tool or other blunt (preferably plastic) instrument that won't damage the rubber seal to gently lift it up, starting at the handle end of the door and easing the seal past the window as you open the door. That will get you the access you need to pop the hood and charge the battery.

Getting into the trunk wouldn't help anyway (unless you have the V6 which has the batteries in there), since only a small child could fit through the ski hatch, and even then you can only open it from the inside of the car. ;)

Registered
Even if it's the V6, there's a charging connection point under the hood. WARNING: Avoid jump starting or charging with the battery connected. Disconnect it first and preferably leave it that way for a day whilst the battery is being charged. After reconnecting the fully charged battery there may be some dash steering warnings that go away when first driven, also the windows 'one touch' reset procedure will need doing.

Registered
You should always be able to get into the boot of a dead Eos: Use key to open driver's door, remove the centre flap/ski hatch cover thing on the back seat, pull the red ring which is the emergency release. Which bit in the chain of events are you unable to do and why?

Also you can get under the bonnet very easily and attach a jumper pack or recharge the battery.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Ok y'all, my 2012 EOS IS DEAD DEAD!
I'm in the country NO ONE KNOWS anything @ this car. No I can't get in thru the trunk as suggested because it's electronic. I need the window to come down to pop the hood to charge the battery. The dealer 100 miles away has never worked on one so I'm not wanting to tow to the dealer馃が"COUNTRY"馃が! CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I'm single know a lot @ 馃嚭馃嚫 cars 1st EOS I'm 馃槳 that this happened!
Thank you for the reply. Yes, caps at times make me feel better. In saying that the dealer just kept saying you'll just have to break the window if you can't get in. I was frustrated because the dealer stated this was the stupidest VW they have ever made when I wrote this I had not yet calmed down. I'll try your method today. It's not suppose to rain for a few days. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get the window up. Again to you better advise that the dealer.

Registered
Your dealer could have a point. Does your newish EOS have the single push button start system they call KESSI? If so, I'm not sure if they still give you key entry via the door since their (Bad) idea is keyless entry and start for convenience. O.k the door entry lock is hidden, see this vid.:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts