Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! i have a 07 Eos with about 45000 miles on it, and ive noticed a lot more body roll when the top is down (obviously, right?). any thoughts on how to stabilize this a bit. maybe cross supports? any ideas &/or recommendations welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
805 Posts
Hey Guys! i have a 07 Eos with about 45000 miles on it, and ive noticed a lot more body roll when the top is down (obviously, right?). any thoughts on how to stabilize this a bit. maybe cross supports? any ideas &/or recommendations welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
Even with the top up and roof locked, the EOS body isn't stiff and is live compared to a standard saloon. You know this from the squeaks and rattles you get when the roof seals need lubrication, or you jack a front side then look at the door shut gaps. I was more concerned by the amount of movement I could feel on the A frame pillars, potentially causing seal leaks.

I fitted a Weichers front strut which has improved the A pillar stiffness. MY07 is a Tdi so I don't expect perfect stiff suspension, although it does have the important substantial ali bottom engine tray. The stock 'A' rear stiffening looks pretty thin, but that can easily be replaced or improved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts