Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
South Australian Owner
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, has anyone else received any compensation payments for their Diesel Eos ?

I just got notifications of about AU$3100 due to me ! Just in time to pay for a timing belt, major service and new tires !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,405 Posts
Hi Guys, has anyone else received any compensation payments for their Diesel Eos ?

I just got notifications of about AU$3100 due to me ! Just in time to pay for a timing belt, major service and new tires !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes - but significantly less than $3100.

Not happy there has been NO explanation as to how the amount was determined and what basis was used to allocate the compensation to eligible owners who, to the best of my knowledge, were never consulted before or during the class action. I would also be interested in knowing what amount was received by the lawyers involved in the class action as their share of the judgement.

The rigorous demands for confidentiality suggest the details associated with the allocation outcome may not meet with the approval of the eligible Eos owners due to the deductions made in favour of the litigation funders and other associated costs before the compensation payments were calculated.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
I considered MY07 and another 2012 vag I have too old to get any money back. Compensation claims seem to have stalled in U.K? The best thing you can do with the money is have it tweaked up! :)

·
South Australian Owner
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My understanding was that the compensation was dependent on the year, and purchase price.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Thks.....9 years old now and bought used 6 years ago. No hope! They did the dieselgate ECU fix but TBH I might go back or forwards plus 1 on it. My gut feeling after their 'fix' is the dpf now regenerates more often than it did before. MY07 EOS is pre-dieselgate without the later addon complex junk and runs like a champ.

·
South Australian Owner
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thks.....9 years old now and bought used 6 years ago. No hope! They did the dieselgate ECU fix but TBH I might go back or forwards plus 1 on it. My gut feeling after their 'fix' is the dpf now regenerates more often than it did before. MY07 EOS is pre-dieselgate without the later addon complex junk and runs like a champ.
Mine was bought new 2009 , and got the ECU fix- which made it drive better AFAIK!
So long as the roof doesnt fail, I think it will be good to keep a few more years,

·
Registered
2 Posts
VW have also fixed the issue free of charge but I haven't noticed much difference.
I also have been advised of the class action and the proposed payment in Australia of about $2800AU.
Still waiting......

·
Super Moderator
2,405 Posts
I specifically instructed our servicing dealer in writing to leave our MY09 "as delivered" and to not undertake the VW "modification" when "diesel gate" first raised its ugly head.

As far as I am aware, the dealer has complied with this instruction in subsequent services; our fuel usage has not changed and the DPF readout indicates over 80% of filtering capacity is still available. I suspect this is a benefit of our driving pattern which is 85+% highway driving and 15% country town driving. Our Eos has probably done 1000km or less stop/start city driving in 12+ years of ownership.

·
Registered
85 Posts
VW have also fixed the issue free of charge but I haven't noticed much difference.
I also have been advised of the class action and the proposed payment in Australia of about $2800AU.
Still waiting......
I know of at least one person who has been told his payment will be made late this month. Those who are part of the class action can access details of their payment on this site:-

·
South Australian Owner
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I specifically instructed our servicing dealer in writing to leave our MY09 "as delivered" and to not undertake the VW "modification" when "diesel gate" first raised its ugly head.

As far as I am aware, the dealer has complied with this instruction in subsequent services; our fuel usage has not changed and the DPF readout indicates over 80% of filtering capacity is still available. I suspect this is a benefit of our driving pattern which is 85+% highway driving and 15% country town driving. Our Eos has probably done 1000km or less stop/start city driving in 12+ years of ownership.
I really do encourage you to make the ECU modification. I really do believe that it drives better and the consumption stats are essentially unchanged. Besides, its good for the environment !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts