I need a door card for my Eos 2008.
Part number 1q2867011hgugx.
Any ideas please? Discontinued VW part.
Cheers
Frenchie

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Unfortunately they will be rare because most will either have suffered water damage or like mine (same but drivers side) the dreaded creeping vinyl on the black top capping. Try searching the breakers parts web sites for 'EOS door card black and cornsilk beige' If you find a good drivers offside (right side) let me know!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your comments. My problem is creeping vinyl!
Of course I’ll let you know if I have any luck

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
I'm probably going to have a go at repairing mine and I think I will be the first in the world! There are a million plastic rivets holding the top section to the lower card but I've got ideas for dealing with those. High performance glues and bonding is another challenging area, as is how to conform a vinyl or leather fabric around the curves without it lifting. But I think it's doable with time and patience. I've already spoken to a couple of classic car restorers and they all tell me these V.W vinyl finishes are not mean't to be re-covered as they are hot vacuum formed on the polyurethane core during manufacturing.

At the moment I could take the easy way out and try repairing the inside strip with a vinyl overlay if it would stick (doubtful) or go much further.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a upholster working on my door card this weekend, I’ll let you know the out come next week.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Great! Let me know how they shape the covering?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts