Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the driver window down while I was trying to pinpoint a noise under the hood (I'll get to that later). Anyways, I unhooked the battery to mess with the alternator and when I buttoned everything up the driver window would not roll up. All other windows work. Has anyone ever heard of such?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Try running a credit card between the glass and the seal a few times. My Beetle did this and my VW dealer told me to do this over the phone. Fixed the problem instantly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That didn't get it. It seems like the switch but I can't figure out how that would go out. I checked the fuses and they're all good.

·
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast
1,256 Posts
Can you use the wide button that puts all the windows down at one time to lower all of the other 3 windows and then will that button pull all 4 windows up at the same time. I'm thinking that might sync the system...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That didn't get it either. I don't think I'm getting power to the motor. How much work is it to get the door panel off? I tore the engine cover yesterday so I'm not in a mood to break anything else.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
This is the spiel from a source of info so it might be able to be adapted to what you're after. The 5 second bits might have a bearing on yours?
Good luck,
Regards,
John

Basic settings for window regulator
Notet The window regulator motor must operate with the maximum force when performing the window regulator basic settings. The motor must be allowed to run.
t The window regulator basic settings are performed with the door open and latch closed.
Sequence for basic setting of window regulator:
t Start the engine.
t Open door and close larch in door lock.
t Lower door window completely.
t Close door window and block door window by hand. Door window lowers.
t Within 5 seconds, close door window and block by hand again. Door window stops.
t Within 5 seconds, close door window again. The door window moves without roll-back function to the mechanical limit stop of the window regulator.
t Within 5 seconds, hold window regulator switch for 5 seconds. The window regulator motor is now adjusted to the window regulator.
t Open latch of door lock, the door window lowers to the short lift.
t Close door, the door window closes.
The following 4 positions for the door window relative to the roof side member seal are possible:
t Door window moves to between marks on seal. Door window adjustment is correct.
t The door window does not move to the upper mark. The door window height adjustment is not correct and must be adjusted upwards → Chapter.
t Door window moves further than the lower mark on the seal. The door window height adjustment is not correct and must be adjusted downwards → Chapter.
t The door window moves into the seal and lowers again. The door window height adjustment is not correct and must be corrected downwards → Chapter. Basic settings must be performed again after successful adjustments.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, hope someone can help?

Out of nowhere today my passanger side front window is rolling back after the short lift when the door is closed, as described in the last part of the above post. Do i need to run this recalibration proceedure? If so, where is the window regulator switch described in this guide located? Or is that just another name for the window switch on the door, so hold it up for 5 seconds?

Any guidance appreciated!
Thanks.
Neil

t The door window moves into the seal and lowers again. The door window height adjustment is not correct and must be corrected downwards → Chapter. Basic settings must be performed again after successful adjustments.

·
Registered
785 Posts
It can also be worth lubricating the seal at the top of the window to make it easier for the window to slide home without resistance. Time to get the Krytox out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts