Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

In the quest to find more light, one of the solutions I've come across is quite inventive and well thought out as a factory-looking addition. To me, light bars on cars can look good on the right car but on the wrong car, they just look rubbish.

I've gone through several products, looking for something that would fit an EOS without falling into the latter category and each time, to me anyway, the products just come up short, mainly because the front of the EOS just doesn't lend itself to anything.

Well, until I found these:

And, to solve my other bugbear about cutting into factory wiring, I found these:

We never use the front fogs, in fact I think they may have been turned on to see how they worked when we first got the car, and have never been on since, so replacing them with something useful for our needs, and which look to be a solid bit of kit, as well as not having to cut into anything seems like a good idea. And they have integrated DRLs...

First off though, I'm adding 35W and 55W HIDs to the headlights to see if that finally provides enough light. If it's still not reaching out as far as I'd like (anyone in Australia will tell you kangaroos need advanced warning, or rather drivers do when they see those unpredictable mongrels) then I think these little driving lights are going to find their way into an EOS...

Oz

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
749 Posts
Are you sure they will fit the EOS?

Was your plan to install and leave configurated as fogs or were you going to rewire them to only come on with high beams (according to the web site, they are not legal to be used as fogs)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I do need them, they will be configured as driving lights (spot lights) as opposed to fogs. We have far more use for them as high beams lights. I will add a switch in the console to turn them on but they will operate with the high beam.

As to fitment, the bracketry is very similar as is the size. They are designed to fit a range of vehicles and I asked the customer service team if I could return for reason of non-fitment and they said no problem within 30 days.

Oz

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
749 Posts
If I do need them, they will be configured as driving lights (spot lights) as opposed to fogs. We have far more use for them as high beams lights. I will add a switch in the console to turn them on but they will operate with the high beam.

As to fitment, the bracketry is very similar as is the size. They are designed to fit a range of vehicles and I asked the customer service team if I could return for reason of non-fitment and they said no problem within 30 days.

Oz
Keep us updated on the project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts