Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my 2008 eos started hard shifting 1st and 2nd gear while in automatic mode. When I use tiptronic mode (manual) I can usually rev match and shift pretty smoothly. This makes me think that something is wrong with the computer. Just started happening recently and might be a cause of me driving my car hard. Idk let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I do not know exactly, but it may be due to 3 possible origins.

1) Long time from oil and filter replacement. VW says change gearbox oil and filter within 60000km. MUST do it for good gearbox work and his health.

2) Clutches at end of life. Normally on TDI engines they last for 200000-300000km Max. But hard use (burnout or frequent full power on standstill start) blows them in much shorter time.

3) 2 masses Stabilizing wheel (sorry I do not know the term in English, in Italian the name is volano bi-massa). When springs in the masses get worn the stabilizing effect goes away. Typical clues are hard vibrations specially in 1st and 2nd gear when accelerating at low revs, or cyclic vibration bump.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Good Advice
3) 2 masses Stabilizing wheel (sorry I do not know the term in English, in Italian the name is volano bi-massa).
It is called the Dual Mass Flywheel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, I do not know exactly, but it may be due to 3 possible origins.

1) Long time from oil and filter replacement. VW says change gearbox oil and filter within 60000km. MUST do it for good gearbox work and his health.

2) Clutches at end of life. Normally on TDI engines they last for 200000-300000km Max. But hard use (burnout or frequent full power on standstill start) blows them in much shorter time.

3) 2 masses Stabilizing wheel (sorry I do not know the term in English, in Italian the name is volano bi-massa). When springs in the masses get worn the stabilizing effect goes away. Typical clues are hard vibrations specially in 1st and 2nd gear when accelerating at low revs, or cyclic vibration bump.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
I do not have the service records so I don't know for sure if it is the transmission oil. The car is at 90k miles and it was due for a change at 80k so to be safe I am going to change out the oil anyway. Is that a DIY project or should I take it to a mechanic?

Also what are some signs the clutches are going out.

PS: My engine is a FSI 2.0T maybe that changes something

1 - 5 of 5 Posts