Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Volkswagen Eos 2.0 TSI
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the midst of doing various research on my Eos, I came across many threads here regarding DSG service and how important it is. I’ve only owned my Eos for a few months so I went over all the documentation and service records I got from the previous owner. I see that regular oil changes occurred but nothing explicitly listed as DSG/transmission service.

Naturally, I’m now thinking I should have it serviced as soon as possible to be safe—the catch is I live three hours from the nearest Volkswagen dealership/service centre. Is a DSG service something that can only be done by certified VW shops/technicians?

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
805 Posts
In the midst of doing various research on my Eos, I came across many threads here regarding DSG service and how important it is. I’ve only owned my Eos for a few months so I went over all the documentation and service records I got from the previous owner. I see that regular oil changes occurred but nothing explicitly listed as DSG/transmission service.

Naturally, I’m now thinking I should have it serviced as soon as possible to be safe—the catch is I live three hours from the nearest Volkswagen dealership/service centre. Is a DSG service something that can only be done by certified VW shops/technicians?
DSG service should be done ever 40k miles. If your car has less than that on it, then its not due yet.

Many independent service shops that have the proper equipment and experience with DSG services on VW's can do this, but not your "We fix all Makes and Models" type of facilities, at least I wouldn't trust them for this kind of service. Dealer would be your best choice for properly trained techs and you know they have the proper facilities/tools/filters and oils to do the job correctly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts