Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Growing old disgracefully
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have the Dynaudio Sat Nav system you may find it worth visiting your dealer and asking to have the software updated.

Last week the system failed, would not play anything from any source and there were no nav instructions. Nothing from the SD card, CD changer or HDD. Silence. After about 10 minutes the number 1 disc in the changer started to play but there was no meta tag data on screen. Half an hour later and the system was back to normal.

So, off to the local dealer who said that it needed a software update. Yeh, yeh, let’s give it a try. This is the fourth head and I’m not sure that Dynaudio is all it’s cracked up to be and why can’t we update the software ourselves.

Anyway, software update installed and everything is fine, touch wood. There are changes to the functionality of the system but I have to find out for myself what they are. So far I have found the volume change bar has been moved to the bottom of the screen (this makes sense as Dynaudio are the only manufacturer that I have experienced that put it across the middle of the display).

·
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast
1,255 Posts
Thanks for the information about the update. I wonder if the fact that my volume bar is already at the bottom of the screen means that I already have the up-to-date version in my 2011?

·
Growing old disgracefully
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems likely, mine is a 2008

1 - 3 of 3 Posts