Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 EOS , I bought it from auction and the roof wasn’t working, the loom in the boot was corroded, very common problem, i replaced this and now the roof is working , but, on the dash when I start the car I can see a few lights dimly lit, boot open, oil light, brake pad lights, and when I indicate left or right both left and right flash on the dash, also the washer bottle refil light flashed at the same time , any ideas where to start looking, I’m guessing there’s water somewhere ??

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Multiple electrical faults with multiple fault scernarios. Start with a diagonsostics scan. But it won't tell you exactly what's wrong and you will have to try and connect the fault data it gives you to a problem area yourself.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well done on getting the roof working again. 👍

Could you have bought (or been sold) the wrong loom to create these errors?
Did you check the old one next to the new one before you fitted it?

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Good point. Trying to solve these faults by replacing parts without investigation and confirmation of a problem rarely works. V.W factory builds each week and customer options seems to produce different electrical configurations for these cars when they came off the lines? Try finding an accurate fuse diagram. Changing a loom throws in a new set of fault variables if it's not manufactured the same. Even then, connectors e.g on the roof controller, can be damaged and a new loom won't fix that. Look carefully at V.W loom connectors: Pins are deliberately left out unwired or wired for other model variants, wires may have different colors and you can't see what connections and taps are being made under the loom wrap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts