Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Eos audio ground?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  peterb 
#1 ·
Anybody done an audio install on an Eos and found a good ground location for an amp? There is a bolt under the left side carpet of the trunk that is a bust, and there is a very long bolt behind the rear seat that provides only so-so grounding. (I haven't sanded that down to metal yet, but it's behind a sheet of steel so it will be hard to get to.) I'd prefer not to drill an additional hole. If you've found something that works well, could you send it along? Obviously a photo would be splendid, but I'll take whatever advice you might have.

Thanks a lot.

#2 ·
If you go to mod4cars.com and look for the VW Eos SmartTop instructions, you will see how to remove the trim from the trunk and get down to the left side where the VW Roof Control Module is located. The top control module has a very stout 12V always on feed (40A if I recall correctly) and and a very stout ground point that you can leverage, it is also expose for you where the harness run to the front of the car is, if you want to follow that route for your amp B+ power if your Eos has the battery in the engine compartment like mine does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.