Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Was thinking of this mod before i bought the car and now its on like donkey kong,

Does anybody know of the outcome with gloss black paint? Regarding stone chipping a quality of finish?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Not sure why you disassembled to apply the Plastidip. Just put some painter's tape on the paint about an inch from the chrome grille and spray. Spray right on the paint! Then spray several coats. Once dry, peel the plastidip to the edge of the chrome. It will "tear" along the sharp edge of the chrome piece.

I did this recently on my white Touareg.

I used 2 cans of black Plastidip and part of a can of "Glossifier" to make it slightly shiny. It's held up for a couple of years.

Attachments

·
Texans fan
46 Posts
I did the emblem black out on a 2014 Eos.. front and back along with the 2.0T... White car. I like it very much.
Robert

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I think that the Black grill on a white EOS looks great, but I don't think it would suit my black EOS IMHO.

Mick

·
Registered
65 Posts
The thing about making cosmetic changes to cars is that they either turn out perfect or completely ruin the look of a car. I think we have seen some of the - [got it wrong's] - driving around.

In this instance - with the black grill -

*Perfect*...Nicely done and suits the car/colour...

Seal of approval from me. :)

AJ

21 - 28 of 28 Posts