After looking for almost 2 yrs, I finally found what seems to be a reasonably priced source of the headlight eyebrows I've been admiring.
Again, many thanks to TMtuning for stocking this product, painting it and shipping it all at a very reasonable price.
- I ended up deciding to upgrade my headlight bulbs at the same time and went with Philips Night Guide bulbs. So far I'm happy with the output. We'll see how long they last. It should help that I don't use these bulbs for my DRLs (fogs for that).
NightGuide is designed to deliver specific illumination to three distinct visual zones to give drivers the best possible nighttime visibility and safety. Using special technology that projects specific colors of light, NightGuide creates three distinct visual zones for the driver. In the center zone, NightGuide provides a brilliant white light, with a beam up to 50 feet longer than standard Halogens, to improve the driver's vision and reaction time. In the right zone, blue light provides increased readability of road signs and markers. In the left zone, a warmer yellow light reduces glare for oncoming cars and helps improve the driver's concentration on the center zone.
- Still not 100% sure how the best way to separate the bulb from the housing. I ended up using brute force. I was very careful with the new bulbs not to touch the glass and wiped with alcohol three times before refitting.
- Eyebrows in packaging
- Test fitting the eyebrows
- Close up of the eyebrow affixed
- The big picture
- Before installing I wrapped the eyebrows with 3M clearshield as I have that on my hood and headlights. I had some help installing from my friend at Concous Auto Detailing (Thanks, Lewis!). They're on with double sided 3M auto tape and aren't going anyplace. When we were done, one of the guys there said he really liked that it made the car look "mean". I have to agree. I am very happy with the look. Great fit. Truely MADE FOR the EOS.
- PS: I swim at 5AM.......... Police officers, not to be confused with something like the Daytona 500 at 5AM