Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve lost items at the back of the coin holder nearest to the door, below the ignition. The items have fallen over the open area at the top, to the back of the holder.
How can I remove as I’m unable to get my hand behind the coin holder.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
682 Posts
I’ve lost items at the back of the coin holder nearest to the door, below the ignition. The items have fallen over the open area at the top, to the back of the holder.
How can I remove as I’m unable to get my hand behind the coin holder.
Coin holder? Picture?

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
682 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
"Coin Holder" in the UK as well as Australia it seems.
Funny how these common items have such different names in different countries.
I just keep a packet of bulbs/fuses in mine.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
You can just squeeze the sides near the back and it should pop out.
Done that many times to get new wiring behind over to the radio and glove box. You must push it right down before sqeezing the sides. I wish they had done something similar for the larger glovebox. It's always a pain to remove for rear wiring access.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
682 Posts
"Coin Holder" in the UK as well as Australia it seems.
Funny how these common items have such different names in different countries.
I just keep a packet of bulbs/fuses in mine.
I don't know where the terminology "Dash Cubby" came from, but it seems to be used quite a bit to refer to the storage compartment, as its a common modification to North American cars, so there are many threads about it

·
Administrator
2,555 Posts
I don't know where the terminology "Dash Cubby" came from, but it seems to be used quite a bit to refer to the storage compartment, as its a common modification to North American cars, so there are many threads about it
"Dash Cubby" almost certainly originated in the United Kingdom with the large number of custom coachbuilders constructing bodies to be fitted to a bare chassis supplied by the car maker - Rolls-Royce and Daimler come immediately to mind in this regard.

Having been a past custodian [because it owns you rather than you owning it :)] of a RR Corniche Convertible and still an active member of the Australian Rolls-Royce Owners Club; the use of the word "cubby" is common for the small storage units located in both the front and rear of the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Is that where they kept the drinks? Since the Queen is known to never carry or use money, it wouldn't get used for that. Cubby is short for cubbyhole, first used in the US in 1832 according to Merriam Webster. That was before Rollers were built. I'm no expert on US history, but wasn't that about the time when people were hiding things and themselves?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts