Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Eos door has dropped at least 5mm and I have great trouble shutting.
I took to my local retailer, who said it may need to go to their paint shop.
They had the car nearly 2 days, they never let me know either way until I called them back.
They could drive my car to the paint shop on 22/02/07, but no courtsey car.
They are unable to get me a courtsey car until 15th March. By then all the paint will be worn off of my door seal.
They also tried getting me to drive the car to the paint shop which is probably 25 miles away.
The service guy told me, that I could always take my car elsewhere if I dont like it.
I am disgusted with volkswagen. I would never buy another Volkswagen, they take your £25,000 then dont want to help you.

Very poor customer service.

Laura

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's terrible! This is the first I've heard of anything like this. You wouldn't happend to have any photos? How is the paint being worn off?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paint hasnt worn off yet.
But I woudn't sugest anyone buy any Volkswagen let alone an Eos. I think it is a poor show.
Ill get avideo tomorrow it will show better than a photo.

Laura

·
Registered
18 Posts
That really isn’t on Laura. How long have you had the car? Tell them you are rejecting the car and threaten to put it in writing (threaten and see there reaction). Lets know what happens please! :confused:

Paul

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had the car since 1st September. Done 3,500 miles.

I cant seem to upload video to show you

Laura

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
photo will have to do. Video was to large but photo doesn't show as well as video. But you can still see by the contour of the door just above handle.
Disgusted with the dealer

Laura

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Try to upload the video to photobucket and then you can post a link.

Can you tell us what dealership it is?

Incidentally, a few years ago I had a problem with my Toyota dealership. A couple of LOUD complaints on concurrent weekends made a big difference. Letting potential buyers know of the shoddy customer service doesn't go down too well!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have to lift that door, for it to shut correctly. Which is a task with the weight of it.
Dealership is JCB Medway.
Im not going to be taking it there for servicing im going to take to another dealer. Although im paying for the service monthly im not going to let them have my money anymore which would come from Volkswagen.
All I asked was to be treated courteously. The guy on the service desk just didnt give a dam. In my line of work you do all you can for your customer. In turn, you then gain a good repour and they come back with a smile.
JCB Medway wont ever get my money again.

Laura

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's terrible! This is the first I've heard of anything like this. You wouldn't happend to have any photos? How is the paint being worn off?
The bottom of door on the seal!

Laura

·
Owl Member
265 Posts
Really sorry to hear you have had this problem Laura. The dealer sounds awful.
Swordfish is right about going in at a weekend and speaking 'loudly' about your dissapointment in front of potential customers is a good way to get attention, but it takes some guts to do that as well.
I do hope you get it sorted out soon and this is just a temporary glitch in your enjoyment of the Eos.
take care, david

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How many 4 month old cars would you expect the door to drop.

They said it could happen by just leaning on it getting out. They said it weighs so much.
Im taking the car in Monday myself to body shop who will re-align my door while I wait.
The local dealer I've given up yours to!!!!!
Let them send me a letter saying your car is a year old and due for a service. They will have it sent back - with an odd comment or 2!

Laura

·
Registered
98 Posts
Laura, that's terrible. You know what I'd do? Email VWUK and VW Germany and in a methodical way, list your complaints, about your car, and your dealer's attitude.
I read different Eos forums BTW, and I can't recall ever seeing a dropped door complaint. Things happen that shouldn't, and I would blame your dealer's lack of concern before anything. Ring the sales manager and tell him what you intend doing as well.
Good luck
John

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seal is now leaking down door pillar, where adjustment has been done. Pissed off with all aspects of Eos's

Laura

·
Registered
212 Posts
Laura,

I am sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hopefully the other dealer will be more responsive. It is a total pain in the *** but sending a complaint to VW UK and Germany might at least do something. If you are looking for a place for the video try www.sporttuned.com which is a car video hosting site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts