Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - - My wife died last October and I could not see any light at the end of the tunnel, and then I read a newspaper article about the Eos. Sounded great, so I went to dealer saw and drove the car. It is a marvel of engineering. My white Eos arived a few days ago. There are so many exciting features to learn about. I got GPS and am leaving on a 1750 mile trip from Minnesota to the southern tip of Florida [Marco Island] . This car has given me a small light at the end of the tunnel. I am 84 years old. Have fun with your Eos :) :) ...John

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey John

Way to go! I just got mine too, I'm a youngster of 59. What Eos did you go for? The trip sounds great, by the way, are you going to do it slow and enjoy the sights?

John

·
Registered
42 Posts
Excellent post John and my condolences to you on the loss of your wife. If you pass through Kentucky on your trip down to Florida let me know. I'd be glad to treat you to lunch or diner and see the Eos in person (I have a new VW Rabbit and my wife loves the Eos). I'm off I65 in Louisville. If not I hope you greatly enjoy your trip.

·
Registered
52 Posts
you go john

you'll have a great time. the car is a magnet to meet people. it's a very freeing feeling to cruz along with the top down. activates all your senses. the best way to tour God's country. pop in some cheery tunes and just go. have a great trip. and if you take a lap top or stop in a cafe with net access, let us know how your doing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ditto to all the above, but don’t forget the pictures, pictures, pictures.

Paul

·
Registered
212 Posts
John, Welcome. I am sorry to hear about your loss and hope your trip is awesome. Look at the bright side of things, 84 and posting topics on a forum. Two thumbs up for that!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From Mn to Fl in 3 days

Hello again....I just finished driving 1750 miles from Minnesota to Florida... The Eos only had 36miles when I started. Not one problem but I got to learn more about the car. The radio feature that brings in the 6 strongest stations is great as you travel from one area to a new one. I put the talking book in my changer and I could go back to the story anytime. The climate control worked great, as I traveled fom 0 degrees to 78 here today - yes the top is down. Thanks for all your comments on my first thread. John:) :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
wow

i'm so happy to hear your trip is going well and the eos performed (as we all hoped). hope this trip gives you some smiles. :) i bet your getting lots of looks, and smiling people along the way. travel safe and check in again....we all would love a pix of you in your new toy:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hiya John,

My concolences too, but it is fantastic that you have made this huge trip - getting to enjoy your eos through all of the different weather would have been fantastic!

I love Marco Island - our family used to go there every year in the 90's when i was a kid! Haven't been back though, just been in sunny (well nearly sunny!) Scotland!

I really hope that you have a fantastic time and keep us posted :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
John
Well done, and as we are all saying, did you take pictures? We'd like to see them.
Lynne
Very sunny today in Scotland, and N. Ireland, had the top down, great. A kid in the 90's? Do me a favour, enough!

·
Registered
113 Posts
John
Well done, and as we are all saying, did you take pictures? We'd like to see them.
Lynne
Very sunny today in Scotland, and N. Ireland, had the top down, great. A kid in the 90's? Do me a favour, enough!

Yeah was a nice day yesterday in Aberdeen....just a shame the only time I saw daylight was through the windows at work!!!

Fantastic day today too, would have been perfect for driving my eos.....bet it is going to rain constantly when i get mine in march!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts