Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hiya folks,

I have been experimenting with a fisheye lens on a Canon EOS taking photos of my vw EOS.

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

What do you think?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Very cool. Like I'm looking through some portal to another dimension.

Maybe so...because we don't get Alpha's like that over here. Both cars are very nice. Is that a Mito? I was in London about two years ago and remember seeing a bright red one. Gorgeous car. I'll be out there again in July, I'll have to take some pics of all the nice cars you get we don't. Scirocco, GTI cabrio, mito, etc.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is indeed Giovani. It is a very clever little car with a 1.4 litre engine giving out 135bhp. I will be going to the States this summer for the first time so I will have a better idea of what is available and what isn't. I am sure you guys have cars that never made it to the streets in Europe.

·
2014 Horizon Blue
290 Posts
Neat pictures! I, too, noticed that my Canon DSLR is named the "Eos".

Fisheye lenses are fun. They're not great for every instance, but they're fun for special pictures.

I'd encourage you to experiment with different zoom levels. You can get to a point where you have a normally proportioned image (not a circle) where the subject in the center is emphasized while the edges are curved somewhat subtly. It's a good look.

My biggest challenge when using a fisheye lens is getting the focus just right. The camera seems to struggle with the autofocus when a fisheye lens is installed, so I'll frequently switch to manual focus.

And I know this is an Eos forum, but I have to say that I love that Alfa! They are supposedly making a comeback here in the States, and I can't wait to see one on the road!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts