Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this issue has been resolved but I wanted to mention- I was at an amusement park for a while this weekend. I had the battery drained on my EOS and the car wouldn't start BUT every time I would try and start the thing I would hear a "jingle bells" toon. Similar to a cheap plastic toy, I am guessing that it is a last ditch effort for Volkswagen to notify you that your battery has died?

Anyone have a similar noise experience ?

My car was jumped and has been running AOK!

·
YORKSHIRE PUDDING
141 Posts
Merry Christmas !!!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
There are miniature 'sounders' in some of the electronic modules, I think there is something inside the ECU I've heard.

Your PC beeps and makes noises when it starts or when something goes wrong, VW are just being helpful so the tow truck repair man knows straight away the battery is dead. The warning circuit causing it is probably the last thing that will run in the dying moments of a few battery volts.

Letting batteries go flat and jumping can have bad consequences in modern electronic cars. :(

If a battery goes flat then there's a reason or a drain fault to investigate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put an aftermarket 'Auto Headlights' unit in out EOS and it plays jingle bells when power is first applied so you know it's powered up. If you have the same thing in yours, trying to start the car with little to no battery power would provide just enough to power the unit up and play the tune.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put an aftermarket 'Auto Headlights' unit in out EOS and it plays jingle bells when power is first applied so you know it's powered up. If you have the same thing in yours, trying to start the car with little to no battery power would provide just enough to power the unit up and play the tune.
You got it. I have an aftermarket auto headlight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts