1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,462 Posts

Post #51

·
Super Moderator
2,305 Posts
Classic A-Pillar leak from two main causes as addressed in Vox's advice - you must be able to open the roof to undertake both repairs:

1. Blocked roof drain tube

2. Flattened seal cut-out in top windscreen frame seal [currently waiting for rain to test a possible fix for this problem on our MY09]

Solutions to both problems have been posted previously on the forum by Voxmagna and I suggest you make a set of Vox's "Super Props" for use when lubricating the roof seals - Just search this forum using "Super Props" as the search term and you will find a post with an image that show both the props in use and the dimensions for making them - IMHO an essential item for all Eos DIY owners.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Classic A-Pillar leak from two main causes as addressed in Vox's advice - you must be able to open the roof to undertake both repairs:

1. Blocked roof drain tube

2. Flattened seal cut-out in top windscreen frame seal [currently waiting for rain to test a possible fix for this problem on our MY09]

Solutions to both problems have been posted previously on the forum by Voxmagna and I suggest you make a set of Vox's "Super Props" for use when lubricating the roof seals - Just search this forum using "Super Props" as the search term and you will find a post with an image that show both the props in use and the dimensions for making them - IMHO an essential item for all Eos DIY owners.
Can you unblock the roof train tube from near the wheel?

·
Super Moderator
2,305 Posts
Can you unblock the roof train tube from near the wheel?
NOT THAT I AM AWARE - all repairs documented on the forum have started from the top of the "A" pillar as this is where the leak occurs.

This is why you have to open the roof to access the "A" pillar internal components including the drain tubes leading to the outlets under the body.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
The OP can't open the sunroof and main roof for some reason (which he almost forgot to mention!). IMHO in the priority of things, an 'A' pillar leak isn't the first thing to fix?

There's a little confusion here because there are two possible issues - blocked front and rear drains and more likely is the leaking hose connector in the 'A' pillar. The first needs the sunroof open, the second needs the 'A' pillar trim removed which can be done with the roof segments locked. I thought I had described the 'how to do the good job permanent fix' reasonably well, because others have done it. With the 'A' pillar trim removed and before starting the fix, you have access to the V.W front drain hose connector behind the trim, so that can be disconnected, cleared and tested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts