Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new to the forum hope you are all good, it's an amazing place to exchange ideas and knowledge.
As the title indicates I have a EOS VR6 and I needed to change the fuel filter thing is I'm prompted with multiple choices 4bars,6.6 bars, 6.4 bars.
which one should I go with please advise.
The one that I already have is not a good reference, because it's running like junk.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
What genuine V.W OE part number have you got corresponding to your EOS year, model and VIN?

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Ask a dealer or find an online parts list corresponding to your vehicle which you are sure is correct (you take the risk of getting it wrong!). You don't want to make mistakes with the wrong non-genuine Efi part working at high pressure. 4 Bar= 58psi, 6.6bar=96psi

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ask a dealer or find an online parts list corresponding to your vehicle which you are sure is correct (you take the risk of getting it wrong!). You don't want to make mistakes with the wrong non-genuine Efi part working at high pressure. 4 Bar= 58psi, 6.6bar=96psi
I did replace with a 6.6 bar it's pretty much performing the same not worse but not better! , and the fuel gauge is suddenly dropping while i'm driving! Very weird.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Do you need a fire extinguisher? Where's the fuel going to, is the gauge telling the truth if you check 'tank to tank' fill at the gas station? It could be measuring the fuel rail or filter bypass going back to the tank and not what's going through the injectors. If the fuel filter has more than 2 connections it could have a fuel bypass.

If you put parts into an efi engine and don't understand how they work, that could happen. For example, The fuel rail or maybe filter here could have an internal pressure regulator and if your filter with integral pressure relief is too high pressure, fuel will get bypassed back to the tank. All these pressure parts and the sensing parts in an efi system are critcal, but perhaps you know better? One thing I do know about efi HP fuel filters is there's a maximumum pressure rating for the outer cannister. Some have experimented using inline fuel filters without over pressure devices and had cans burst when the filter got blocked. If you don't want to fit the correct O.E parts designed for your engine, you are asking for problems and more faults compounded on top of those you already have.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
My Tdi hasn''t been to a gas station for 3 months and it's still 3/4s full. :) I took it out last week and I swear I saw the gauge go up. :devilish:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I changed it to the 6.6 bars one. no performance improvements nor poor performance. exactly the same!

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
You don't seem to be reading back and analyzing your engine data with diagnostics, but would rather try replacing this and that? Efi engines with computer controlled engine management are a 'Complex System'. By that, understand that more than one component can produce your fault and not necessarily the first thing you feel comfortable changing or you have seen on a YouTube video. Your 'performance' output requires interdependent engine parts to be all working correctly. It is the knowledge, skills and training which garage mechanics use to fix difficult hard to find faults.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You don't seem to be reading back and analyzing your engine data with diagnostics, but would rather try replacing this and that? Efi engines with computer controlled engine management are a 'Complex System'. By that, understand that more than one component can produce your fault and not necessarily the first thing you feel comfortable changing or you have seen on a YouTube video. Your 'performance' output requires interdependent engine parts to be all working correctly. It is the knowledge, skills and training which garage mechanics use to fix difficult hard to find faults.
You are right I'm not analyzing data. I'm not a professional. Took it to many shops so far and all of them are saying there is no problem in the car. But I'm pretty sure the thing is acting weird. Sometimes it runs great and sometimes it's a pile of ssss! The dealer here in Dubai is pretty much useless. they just ask to replace parts without knowing what is the actual cause

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Intermittent faults are the most difficult. If garages can't fix it I doubt you will be able to do any better. They need to use diagnostics to do live data monitoring with capture and ideally when the fault is present or most likely to happen. If you want to try something else, find a tuning workshop familiar with V.W. who have a Dyno tester. In Dubai money and gas no problem, I would have thought there were plenty of high end cars driven by enthusiasts tweaking their performance using these kind of workshops? Guys doing that work should know a lot more about Efi engines than regular garages. You know that Porsche is V.W. and their engines have a lot in common with ours, but a different badge of course.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts