Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are after a wind deflector for our 2008 Eos - preferably an original vw part that folds and must be good condition. Our wind deflector has finally disintegrated.
We can collect from most parts of Kent or East Sussex - or would pay postage if further afield. Many thanks

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Which part is broken? You may be able to get parts to repair the one you have (see here). The fabric isn't listed there but there are plenty of places you can get that from.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I will look into repairing it. The main problem is the mesh, which now is very faded, brittle and has many holes, however the pins are also sticking and temperamental. I have just looked online for the fabric, most seem to be in Europe - do you know of anywhere that supplies it in the uk?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
You could do worse than something like this eBay listing for the mesh.

If you have problems with the pins sticking, you can take the mechanisms apart and fix them. The pins are metal rods with plastic sheathing. The plastic parts can come off and get stuck in the mechanism, and all you need to do is undo the pins, get some super glue or similar and glue the plastic parts in place, then reassemble. There's a small flap that conceals a screw that you need to undo to be able to remove the pin mechanism. My wind deflector had exactly the same problem and that's how I fixed it. :)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Good luck! That page from the parts catalogue I linked above should give you a good idea of how to take it apart and put it back together again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck! That page from the parts catalogue I linked above should give you a good idea of how to take it apart and put it back together again.
Just a quick update.....and a big thank you!
We bought the mesh - watched a video on YouTube - and tackled the job this morning! Really pleased with the result, it only took about an hour and was much more straightforward than I expected. We didn’t dismantle the pins - a bit of TLC and they are behaving adequately, so best left at the moment.
84F287F6-A8DB-480B-AAEE-55566E27988D.jpeg
Thank you so much for your advice and help!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Glad it worked for you, and thank you for coming back with an update.

I looked at the pins on my wind deflector and I can see that it may well be possible to glue the plastic parts in place without having to dismantle them - which I will probably have to do shortly as I see they have come loose again :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts