Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Am new to this forum and am impressed with it so far. I'm thinking of changing my current car (MKIV Golf GTI) and have test driven a few different ones (Volvo C30 T5, Audi A4 2.0TSline SE, Eos 2.0T Sport) and sat in a few others which I ruled out straight away (BMW 1 series, MX5) and am now back considering the Eos again.

That's the intro done :) Looking on the VW used car site there appears to be a fair few Eos (what's the correct plural here?) on sale and most appear to be demonstrators (also a lot of the reg numbers look similar e.g. KT06 ???, BT06 ???, OE/OU06 ???)

Does anyone have any experience of buying an ex-demonstrator Eos? Could I be looking at problems as they are early examples (Jun/Jul 06)?

Finally I asked a dealer at the weekend and they reckoned an 8 - 10 week wait for a new Eos - does that sound about right?

Any thoughts much appreciated - thanks :)
Si

·
Owl Member
265 Posts
Hi Si

I presume you are in the UK. I am looking at getting a T2.0 FSI, one dealer here in the north west quoted me 4 months but another has said three months.
Ex Demo cars should have had any problems sorted out but the prices of ex demos seem quite high and may not have the spec you are after.
Let us know how you get on, discounts are very hard to come by.
Cheers, David

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep UK here (just updated the profile :))

4 months sounds a long time - I thought some of the prices seemed high - but then I priced a new one with the options I really wanted (paint, 2 zone climate, winter pack, 18inch wheels) and then looked at the used ones and some seem to come out about the same price but with extra goodies like the leather seats. Albeit with about 5000 miles on the clock and a warranty that started last June/July.

If I find out any more I'll post back here - only problem with the web is that I find I spend all my time getting information for stuff before actually making a purchase and then end up changing my mind :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thought hard before answering, but go for a later one, definitely. I'm not insulting early buyers' cars, but if there is a very odd one with a problem it seems to be an early Eos. I think they maybe upgraded the seals, or just their act. A dealer has to keep a demo for three months, I think, before selling, so you can work it out. Maybe go for a later vin no. And always ask for discount, if they say no you can just smile and walk away (it doesn't mean you can't walk in again!). I got £500 discount, then some extras. Stuff in lieu of cash might help the salesman. They gave me Supagard, bits and bobs, and a free service voucher. Ask for two! Good luck,
John

·
Registered
113 Posts
hiya guys,

I bought mine up in Aberdeen and still waiting...my delivery was expected to be 5 months from when i ordered in mid November but my dealer called and said I should get it my the 3rd week in march. I'm still hoping that it might come a bit earlier though!

I decided, after looking at the used eos prices, that there was not much of a difference and i wanted to spec it up how i liked so went for the new one. My dealer was pretty reluctant to give me anything off the car but did get free supagard thrown in and a wee bit of money off too. I have also taken the gap insurance and got a bit of money off that too but nothing for the servicing.......I might see about that when i get delivery!

Let us know what you decide to go with Si......I think you should go for the eos but then i am completely biased!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Lynne, GurnyGub

Thanks both for the info - might have a trek around some of the local dealers at the weekend to see what they reckon to delivery times and what sort of deal they can do.

Did you have any kind of test drive? I took out a 2.0T Sport but only for about 15 minutes - not bad driving position but didn't feel quite as nippy as the Golf - though I'm guessing that's the extra weight. (Have found this in the other cars I've test driven too so maybe my driving style needs adapting :)) I reckon a test drive with the top down might also help in the decision making :)

Gurny - agree about the seals - might be a problem/might not - just need to convince myself one way or the other :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
hiya,

I got my test drive for about 15 mins too in the pitch dark and it was 2 degrees outside! i had to have to roof down to experience it and make sure that was the car i wanted but i was frooooooozen after about 2 mins so had to put it up. the dealer i bought from doesn't even have a demo car so its pretty rubbish! they say their eos allowance is so small that they can't get one in without delaying orders.

after my 15 min drive in the eos, i knew it was what i wanted but i suppose it is personal choice and compared to your golf it will be slow but thint of all the fun you can have in summer with the roof down!

let us know what offers your dealer come up with if are getting on the eos!!

PS if you decide to go for it...if you get leather seats and winter pack you should also be able to negotiate money off because both include leather seats.:D

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
hiya,

I got my test drive for about 15 mins too in the pitch dark and it was 2 degrees outside! i had to have to roof down to experience it and make sure that was the car i wanted but i was frooooooozen after about 2 mins so had to put it up. the dealer i bought from doesn't even have a demo car so its pretty rubbish! they say their eos allowance is so small that they can't get one in without delaying orders.

after my 15 min drive in the eos, i knew it was what i wanted but i suppose it is personal choice and compared to your golf it will be slow but thint of all the fun you can have in summer with the roof down!

let us know what offers your dealer come up with if are getting on the eos!!

PS if you decide to go for it...if you get leather seats and winter pack you should also be able to negotiate money off because both include leather seats.:D

Think you mean 'both include heated seats'?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Maybe I've just got a great dealer, Isaac Agnew of Belfast, but they suggested I take the Eos out for an extended test, picking it up one day, and leaving it back the next evening. When I expressed interest in the 3.2 they said "take the R32 out, same deal". Well they got the sale, no problem. They've got a great looking Silver 3.2 with red leather there, maybe they'd pay/split the ferry costs for you!!
John

·
Registered
113 Posts
Think you mean 'both include heated seats'?
indeed i did! its nearly Friday, my brain is going into burn out mode!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all for the helpful replies. Well I went to look at one today in blue and took it for a spin. Much better than the first one I drove. Was a cancelled order with 34 miles on the clock.

Collecting it next sat :) All excited about it now!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi GurnyGub,

It's the 2.0T Sport with 18 inch wheels, black nappa leather, cruise, 6 disc cd changer, luxury pack, winter pack, dual zone and the wind deflector.

Tried it with the roof down on the way back to the dealer and it was ace - though a little chilly :)

·
Owl Member
265 Posts
I think I saw that one when I as looking through the VW website. Was it Stafford VW, looks very lovely in the pic? Certainly beats waiting three month for one, Hope you have a great time with your new baby. Let us know how you get on.
Cheers, David

·
Registered
104 Posts
Check out ebay there were a few dealers selling them on their the other day.

Mine was in for repair beginning of week. Must look good from the eyes of potential buyers. A 4 month old eos in for repair!

Laura

1 - 15 of 15 Posts