Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Volkswagen Eos
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
So about a month or so ago, my interior door handle stopped working (absolutely no tension), couldn’t open my door from the inside, but also couldn’t close it without forcefully shutting the door. Long story short, I needed to replace the door latch cable, but because we figured it would be best for a mechanic to do it (didn’t want to mess with anything within the door) we ordered the door latch cable and had the mechanic exchange it for us. Fortunately, my interior door handle now works BUT now I cannot open my door from the outside.
The mechanic warned us about possibly needing to replace the window regulator; however, I was curious as to why this would happen (considering my window was working perfectly fine) so I tested out the windows by using the key in the door lock & they seem to be rolling down and back up perfectly fine. The only problem I can seem to spot with the drivers side window is it doesn’t automatically adjust itself when I open or close the door (it remains raised in the closed position).
I also found that when I open the door from the inside and close it from the outside (without locking) the door handle works fine; however, once I lock it, the exterior door handle will not open the door, until I open it from the inside.
Has anyone encountered a problem similar to this? Or does anyone have any helpful tips? Anything is truly appreciated. I’m trying to avoid taking it to my local VW dealership, as I’ve had some troubles with them in the past, but if it leads to that then so be it. Just thought I’d ask around first! :) thank you!!

also this is a 2010 VW EOS

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
The mechanic warned us about possibly needing to replace the window regulator
Well he was in a far better position actually looking at it than you playing with switches. He probably saw the wire was fraying or rusty. This is what can happen to you one day: The window will stop part way down and if it rains with the window stuck open, water will pour off the roof into the car, oh and the roof will stop working or even stop half way if the window jams on the regulator. If the windows are not hitting the top seal with tension, water can leak inside from the roof. there are no gutters to stop it.

The only problem I can seem to spot with the drivers side window is it doesn’t automatically adjust itself when I open or close the door (it remains raised in the closed position).
That's a big problem, the regulator wire is probably on its way, gone slack and ready to fail.

Since you don't want to go inside the door card, you have no choice but to get the regulators replaced and the door locking sorted out at the same time by a mechanic. You could probably get this work done cheaper by an independent who works on V.Ws, Audis, Golfs & Passats?

Reactions: eosluvr

·
Registered
2010 Volkswagen Eos
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well he was in a far better position actually looking at it than you playing with switches. He probably saw the wire was fraying or rusty. This is what can happen to you one day: The window will stop part way down and if it rains with the window stuck open, water will pour off the roof into the car, oh and the roof will stop working or even stop half way if the window jams on the regulator. If the windows are not hitting the top seal with tension, water can leak inside from the roof. there are no gutters to stop it.

That's a big problem, the regulator wire is probably on its way, gone slack and ready to fail.

Since you don't want to go inside the door card, you have no choice but to get the regulators replaced and the door locking sorted out at the same time by a mechanic. You could probably get this work done cheaper by an independent who works on V.Ws, Audis, Golfs & Passats?
Got it! Thanks for the reply. I’ll definitely have to take a look at taking it in soon, for now I’ll stop messing with the window haha thanks for the warning!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts