Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the RCD330 on a 2012 EOS and love it. Everything seems to work fine, including CarPlay, radio, back-up sensor, bluetooth and all steering wheel controls.

But the VW radio had two inputs that the RCD330 does not have. Below is a picture of the VW radio. The green and blue inputs on the left had no corollary on the RCD330, so I just left the wires disconnected. Anyone know what these are for?

BTW, here's a picture of the RCD330 installed.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
I'm going to guess: They are all FAKRA r.f antenna inputs.The two white connectors are for the V.W F.M special diversity antenna (You have two antennae on the EOS so you can hear the radio top down - check it works for distant stations.) The other two I would guess are for a satnav antenna and the other one for XFM satellite radio or A.M. Now you can check to see what's missing or not working? Nice on screen graphics, but I don't see navigation like on my Cheapo chinese box. I hate using TomTom on a pod with wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I learned that one is for the unit's navigation system.

As for navigation on the RCD330, it provides that through Carplay using either the Google Maps app or the Apple Maps app. It's far-better navigation than what came installed on the EOS.

·
South Australian Owner
190 Posts
Yep - I replaced my RCD510 with and RCD330 and its like a new car ! Love it ! All plug and play , no coding no mesing with new wires.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts