Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my AC suddenly stopped cooling in my 09 EOS. It blows air, and the heating works, however when it needs to cool it just blows outside air in. Does anyone have advice on how to troubleshoot this at home before I take it in to get looked at by professionals? So far, my solution has been riding with the top down...

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
749 Posts
Hello, my AC suddenly stopped cooling in my 09 EOS. It blows air, and the heating works, however when it needs to cool it just blows outside air in. Does anyone have advice on how to troubleshoot this at home before I take it in to get looked at by professionals? So far, my solution has been riding with the top down...
You should start with running a scan of your car with VCDS or ODBeleven. If your car is low on refrigerant, you should get a fault during the scan indicating HVAC is low on coolant/refrigerant. Your next step is to figure out why its low. Most likely there is a leak somewhere or the AC high pressure switch isn't functioning properly. You can do a leak down at home, but you would need to invest in a AC service kit, UV dye and UV light.

·
South Australian Owner
229 Posts
Check for coolant leak and any VCDS errors. . If normal, then your compressor is probably the culprit. Mine needed replacement after 6 years. All good since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts