Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sure this has been covered but I can't find the thread. My roof has a drip where it connects to windshield on passenger side and since I just purchased my baby...(2007 EOS) I don't wanna mess anything up so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance as I'm sure this has been addressed more than once ,but I'm not seeing it .Thanks in advance.
B. In Texas ,who loves her car...ALOT

·
Super Moderator
2,232 Posts
I'm sure this has been covered but I can't find the thread. My roof has a drip where it connects to windshield on passenger side and since I just purchased my baby...(2007 EOS) I don't wanna mess anything up so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance as I'm sure this has been addressed more than once ,but I'm not seeing it .Thanks in advance.
Yes - you did find the right thread here.

Just find a spare couple of hours, go to page 1 of this thread and start reading and all will be revealed.

The "A pillar" is the body work holding the front windscreen.

·
Registered
234 Posts

Check out the post by voxmagna in this thread, post number #51 on page 6 of this thread. I did this yesterday and it seems to have worked for me (so far).
Tony.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, I just want to put it out there, that the highest probability fault is the blocked drain hose. This can be tested and fixed without venturing in to the 'A' pillar linings.
The simple test is to assume the drain hose is blocked (there is enough pictures in this thread to find the plastic drain aperture, at the top of the windscreen frame). Then, fill it gently with water, you will find that the water fills the tube and, eventually, spills outward. Diagnosis complete.
I made the mistake of going in to the 'A' pillar linings, to find that everything is in 'as new' condition (2010 TDI). The silicon rubber hose is 'springy' and fresh. I took the opportunity to route some cabling to my crashcam; so it wasn't a complete waste of time.
I don't want to discount the value of all the other requirements for maintaining the seals(cleaning and Gummi); but always do the drain test first.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
You should not have water in the sunroof channels needing to be drained unless you have a sunroof that isn't sealing properly or you left it open in the rain?

If you have blocked drains then this is telling you water is going through them. Look carefully at how your sunroof sits in its aperture and seals. Where do you think water getting into drains is coming from and long term, what will it do to the steel channels? :confused:

Yes it's good to check they are clear, but also dry newspaper placed in the channels with the sunroof closed and hosed over will tell you if our EOS roof is like a bucket with a hole in it. :(

If the drain is blocked water backs up and leaks from the connector, :( therefore diagnosis and fix isn't complete because after clearing the drain, any further full or partial blockage will come back with the same result - Drain blocked when it shouldn't be getting water through anyway and the 'A' pillar hose connector is still leaking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
VW Eos roof leaks

Hi,

Just a quick note to say thank you very much for the superb guidance and pictures you posted relating to VW Eos roof leaks. Now that I have followed your instructions, my wet knee and butt syndrome will disappear and I can get back to enjoying driving the car again. Many thanks and keep up the good work,

Cheers,
Tony

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is one long BUT very useful Post and if you want to sort roof leaks MUST be fully read.
I had the same problems everyone has and methodically checked all the obvious things.
Water will only enter the channels inside the roof pillars if firstly gets past the seals, which must be periodically cleaned and liberally lubricated with the Krytox lubricant.
I am very grateful for all the effort and photos that help to sort the problem :)

121 - 128 of 128 Posts