Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 VW EoS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace a broken flap cable on my daughter's 2013 EoS. Does anyone know of any vids or write ups on this topic. I searched the forum and Google, but didn't find anything.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
Sometimes when the cable (end) breaks, it means the flap stuck on the trim and got crunched? Prop the roof half open when the other flap is fully open and the trunk lid is swung back, then go look to trace where the wire is attached at the flap and hinge ends.

·
Registered
2013 VW EoS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes when the cable (end) breaks, it means the flap stuck on the trim and got crunched? Prop the roof half open when the other flap is fully open and the trunk lid is swung back, then go look to trace where the wire is attached at the flap and hinge ends.
It broke right where the cable terminates into the ball on the end. The flaps seems to move ok. It looks Iike a cam pulls the cable when needed. In doing so, it would seem to flex the cable right at the point where the failure occured. I suspect the cable broke from fatigue, but will keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
It's the hinge at the far end that pulls the cable? You have the good side to look at? They don't normally break unless the flap gets jammed or somebody puts an obstruction in the trunk where the cable is attached to the hinge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts