Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved my black Eos with off-white leather upholstery, and this time I've just reversed the colors! :) Totally over trying to keep a shiny black car clean with the easterly winds in Perth, WA....not to mention our gravel drive! Once I got the candy white lux Eos home and really looked at her...she is a beauty!
I'm new to the forum, but a longtime Eos-lover (our Western Australian climate is good for top-down driving pretty much all year), and the new model is ticking all the boxes. Satnav is a bonus, as is the Bluetooth...and the only thing I'm missing this time around is the electric seats...but, hey, how often did I really use them!
Thinking of getting a smarttop, as they're getting good reviews from everyone here by the look of it. And I need to figure out where to keep my iPhone in this one....doesn't seem to fit in the new armrest setup, although the MDI cable with the iPhone cable attached does seem to be charging, even though my phone says it doesn't support the accessory.
So, hi everyone, and I'm off to play with the new toy :)

·
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast
1,256 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy your new ride. I completely understand your comments about keeping 'em clean. I went from Thunder Blue to Reflex Silver. Don't even think twice...just get the Smart Top!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Welcome to the forum...good to see another from Perth on here....might see you around town one day....Day of The Volkswagen coming up in December....!!!

Smarttop is a definate....you will love it...!!

As for the iPhone. I got a Brodit holder from the UK, back plate is made for 'your' car, and clips to existing trim, no screws etc...imho looks fairly neat too.

Have fun with the new ride...

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Photos or it never happened!! :D

Congrats on the new car, SmartTop is a great addition. :)

Adam

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK - pics coming up as soon as I can get out of the office :)

Where's the best place to get the Smarttop from....online and then get an auto electrician to install? (it's beyond self and husband I think, and I'd be terrified if something went pear-shaped!)

·
Registered
595 Posts
You can buy the SmartTop direct from www.mods4cars.com or sometimes on eBay although shipping from the US can be pricey. I ordered mine while I was out there and had it sent to my hotel if you know anyone traveling to the States.

As for fitting it is really very simple, the hardest part is getting the boot trim off. Maybe ask/bribe Hayman002 for some help. ;)

Adam

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

·
Registered
528 Posts
As for fitting it is really very simple, the hardest part is getting the boot trim off. Maybe ask/bribe Hayman002 for some help. ;)

Adam

lol @ Adam.....would only be too pleased to help...except for the fact I paid someone to fit mine for me...!!...ask me to build you a house and Im there...as far as electrical stuff...scares me sh)(*&^%..!!.....have done a few other bits, but the roof seemed pretty daunting to me...:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts