Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So someone hit my car either overnight, or while I was shopping. Anyone know of a good place to get a replacement? Is there another VW that shares the same part?

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
You are best going to online parts sellers and checking part numbers yourself. The EOS (This Forum) shares very few body parts with othe V.Ws and even the EOS had cosmetic body changes on later models. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
610 Posts
The headlight cover is plastic BTW. These are not available as separate components, but you should be able to find these on EBay, they are cheap, assuming your not looking for HID's

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Did you mean the plastic headlamp cover itself is around on Fleabay? I replaced my OE's as complete units because they were showing signs of crazing and the ali reflectors were dull and pitted. Now after 5 years the aftermarkets I fitted have clean reflectors but the front plastic is starting to look the same? It's not surface scratching that would polish out but internal (heat?) stress crazing within the plastic itself. I've read (you?) of the method to soften the glue surround, but wasn't aware you could buy the plastic fronts.

I've just looked on Fleabay and there are plenty for Golfs, but non specific for EOS. I will need to see if any Golfs are the same as MY07. The EOS halogen part number (?) pre-facelift is 1Q0 941 005/006 plus letter codes for RH/LH drive. The Golf Plus same year is 5M1 941 005/006 so there could be something there to look into?

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
610 Posts
Did you mean the plastic headlamp cover itself is around on Fleabay? I replaced my OE's as complete units because they were showing signs of crazing and the ali reflectors were dull and pitted. Now after 5 years the aftermarkets I fitted have clean reflectors but the front plastic is starting to look the same? It's not surface scratching that would polish out but internal (heat?) stress crazing within the plastic itself. I've read (you?) of the method to soften the glue surround, but wasn't aware you could buy the plastic fronts.

I've just looked on Fleabay and there are plenty for Golfs, but non specific for EOS. I will need to see if any Golfs are the same as MY07. The EOS halogen part number (?) pre-facelift is 1Q0 941 005/006 plus letter codes for RH/LH drive. The Golf Plus same year is 5M1 941 005/006 so there could be something there to look into?
I meant used complete headlights are cheap on EBay, for Halogen assemblies. The plastic lenses are not available as separate items. As with all the plastic lenses, you can sand them down and polish them, many videos on YouTube detailing that procedure.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
I found aftermarkets for Golfs so it looks like they were made to be replaced, not like the EOS which are glued on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts