Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for seat covers for the driver and passenger seats on a 2008 Eos VR6? My daughter's Eos has the corn silk beige leather seats, but because of A pillar leaks, and other roof leaks I imagine, the leather in the seat portion of the seat is completely deteriorated. I was looking to find as custom a seat cover for them as I can and wondered if anyone has found a maker or brand that worked really well. I believe that these seats do have the side air bag, so that is another thing to consider when trying to find a compatible seat cover. Any advice or recommendations is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
I have the Cornsilk beige leather seats in my EOS Sport. TBH I've never found them very comfortable on long journeys. I sat in a standard trim EOS once with gray/black (?) cloth seats which were really comfy. Try searching for used EOS seats in good condition. Cornsilk leather may be more difficult to find though? Don't worry about airbags and any electrical bamboozle, you can make them work or not have the features. I wondered what I might do when my seats needed replacing. Upholstery re-work would be very expensive and these seats are made on simple cheap foam shells Since MY07 has very little value now, I might even consider replacing both front seats with used EOS cloth seats. I know most will be horrified at mixing light Cornsilk with gray/black front seats, but I'm sure you could get used to them and the better comfort level?

These so called 'leather' seats aren't the 'soft luxury stitched cowhide on a sprung frame' type and I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money trying to repair them.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
463 Posts
There are three seat covering options. Cloth, fake leather and real leather. The real leather is only available on the top tier model, like the VR6 or Executive. Most have the fake leather.

I have seen OEM covers on EBay and while they are not that expensive, I suspect having a shop install a cover for you would be expensive, as the whole seat needs to be removed and dissembled.

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
I always thought mine were fake leather! :( I tried a slip over cover once on another car which slipped all over the place. Most of them will be generic sizes and not specifically tailored to the EOS seats. The EOS Sport like mine has low (uncomfortable) seat pad areas with those sticky up side pieces to hold you in the shallow seat.

Here are a couple of U.K examples. The velour covers are supposed to be EOS fit, but a bit too furry for me. The OE gray is the kind of thing I was thinking of? I could probably live with some remaining Cornsilk trim?

Search UK Ebay item 283884283536 for covers,
and these with matching door cards:
and the full set:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have used these covers on multiple cars now and they are very durable. The price is high when compared to seat covers, but low compared to custom upholstery. As far as fitment goes, i traded a car in with them on and they wanted to argue with me that they were not stock! I have had them on my eos for a few months now and they are still in place with no adjustments.

·
Registered
364 Posts
There are three seat covering options. Cloth, fake leather and real leather. The real leather is only available on the top tier model, like the VR6 or Executive. Most have the fake leather.
Interesting, I have cloth seats and dislike leather, especially fake leather (which isn't much of a step up from the vinyl 'leatherette' seats from the 70s, after all its plastic just a bit better than before!) and especially VWs interpretation of fake leather. No doubt it ticks a box for the environment or animal cruelty or whatever though, now that real cows/bulls don't have to be used to source that leather.

I didn't know that the top models in fact did come with real leather. I have consistently avoided leather upholstery in cars over the years, the only car I've owned that did have it was a Mk1 Scirocco Storm - because they came with (real) leather seats as part of the Storm package.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
463 Posts
Interesting, I have cloth seats and dislike leather, especially fake leather (which isn't much of a step up from the vinyl 'leatherette' seats from the 70s, after all its plastic just a bit better than before!) and especially VWs interpretation of fake leather. No doubt it ticks a box for the environment or animal cruelty or whatever though, now that real cows/bulls don't have to be used to source that leather.

I didn't know that the top models in fact did come with real leather. I have consistently avoided leather upholstery in cars over the years, the only car I've owned that did have it was a Mk1 Scirocco Storm - because they came with (real) leather seats as part of the Storm package.
From the EOS brochures I have, the Lux, Exec, VR6 and Final Edition all came standard with leather interior. Mind you, these are North America specific brochures, things might vary in other countries. For example, in the US we did not have the option of cloth seats.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and recommendations. I think I'm going to go with CoverKing for the two front seats. I hear they take a long time to ship, etc. but the price is within what I'm looking to spend.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought some for my 13 Executive... I thought the black leather would be hot and sticky in the sun...Seat Covers Unlimited
This is not a great pic but it does show you how they deal with the side airbag Hood Automotive tire Sleeve Vehicle Car seat cover

·
Registered
364 Posts
From the EOS brochures I have, the Lux, Exec, VR6 and Final Edition all came standard with leather interior. Mind you, these are North America specific brochures, things might vary in other countries. For example, in the US we did not have the option of cloth seats.
Good point - NA spec and other countries received vastly different spec. UK got a number of "poverty" spec diesels without even cruise control, heated seats, automatic climate control, etc and a fairly basic stereo. But if you're looking for an Eos (outside of NA) there is a good selection of secondhand cars out there which are well specified.

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
UK got a number of "poverty" spec diesels without even cruise control, heated seats, automatic climate control, etc and a fairly basic stereo.
Sounds like MY07 - I should have bought a KIA or other Asian car that comes with everything as standard. Even a cheaper Skoda has more. :) I will definitely think twice buying German cars in future where everything seems to be marketed as extras. When you factor in 'extras' you expect as standard and cost of ownership (high repair costs), the final price may no longer be good value for money?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just bought two front seat covers from banggood.com (likley to be in a small shrinkwrap baggie) which haven't arrived yet.

I'll send pics upon install.

BUT....based on the current seat covers I have now, I just noticed that they were not installed properly (by me four years ago) as there is a DIFFERENCE in left & right covers to accommodate the air bags..So, be careful installing any 3rd-party seat covers...

·
Registered
32 Posts
VW EOS seat cover follow-up:

1) Seat cover from banggood.com is a piece of garbage and doesn't really cover the sides of the seats..

2) So it looks like best options for better quality seat covers are:
a) wetokole.com for $272 (their standard product)
b) seatcoversunlimited.com for $206 (their canvas product)

So, any other options? Does anyone know of somebody in the States that can truly re-upholster the seats? SAt one time, I know of a company that would ship you new seats and you send back the cores? Yes, mine have electric seats and airbags which makes life a bit more difficult....

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
I've seen sets of used EOS (cloth?) seats with matching trims (you may not think about) coming up on fleabay. There may be extra work installing or doing without electric options though? Cornsilk Beige is tricky to find.

·
Registered
2015 Volkswagen Eos, Komfort 2.0L
149 Posts
I've seen sets of used EOS (cloth?) seats with matching trims (you may not think about) coming up on fleabay. There may be extra work installing or doing without electric options though? Cornsilk Beige is tricky to find.
My local VW place directed me to a their local upholstery shop to repair the beginning of stress tears in the driver side seat. They matched the color and even replace the worn straps I used for the seat belts. Maybe your local VW can give you guidance.

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
What color is yours? I haven't found upholstery fabric yet in Cornsilk Beige. Black or gray would be a much easier color to get.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts