Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
250 mile journey this morning, mainly on motorways (including the dreaded M25) driving at between 70 and 75 mph --- 61.9 mpg :)
(Oh I forgot to say that my husband was driving - that's why we were driving so slowly!!)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thats good,I think were averaging about 47,mostly urban driving.

·
497 Posts
The best I've had from a tank full is 45 MPG..... but mine is a petrol :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Getting that MPG (on mine anyway) does require a light foot on the old pedal, I've had about 60MPG before but only a couple of times :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's just so booooooring though!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I get 60 mpg!! But only when driving my company skip.. Ford Mondeo (sorry to offend)!!
Lucky to get 30 mpg from the Eos, but I have got a lead foot.:D

·
Some Random New Guy
38 Posts
Hmm, forgive this ignorant yank but I am guessing that miles and gallons changed in the US at some point? I am excited when my EOS puts out over 30. I drove 40 miles last night, all highway and pushed 35 towards the end of the drive using cruise control locked in at 60mph.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi han
I think miles are the same but a UK gallon is 4.54 litres, wheras a US gallon is 3.78 litres.
Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi han
I think miles are the same but a UK gallon is 4.54 litres, wheras a US gallon is 3.78 litres.
For the rest of us Yanks, using the above figures, just multiply whatever you're gas mileage is by 120% and that would what you would be getting if you were juicing with UK imperial gallons. In my case, the best mileage was a bit over 33 which would transpose to around 40 MPG.

Also, remember we only have the 2.0 Turbo while in Europe there are some small engines that probably crank out better mileage. I think they have a 1.4 L and also a diesel option that gets great mileage. However, with what we pay here in the states for diesel fuel, much if not all that advantage is lost.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the rest of us Yanks, using the above figures, just multiply whatever you're gas mileage is by 120% and that would what you would be getting if you were juicing with UK imperial gallons. In my case, the best mileage was a bit over 33 which would transpose to around 40 MPG.

Also, remember we only have the 2.0 Turbo while in Europe there are some small engines that probably crank out better mileage. I think they have a 1.4 L and also a diesel option that gets great mileage. However, with what we pay here in the states for diesel fuel, much if not all that advantage is lost.
Mine's a 2.0 litre diesel. Remember it was my husband who got the over 60 mpg. I'd be lucky to get 50 - but I like to DRIVE the car; that's what it's for!!
(He's watching as I type this ....)

·
Some Random New Guy
38 Posts
For the rest of us Yanks, using the above figures, just multiply whatever you're gas mileage is by 120% and that would what you would be getting if you were juicing with UK imperial gallons. .........
You learn something new every day -- thank you. :)

·
2007 2.0 FSI
26 Posts
To add to this discussion I've been getting around 38 British ?! MPG on a mix of town, motorway and London driving ! That's not too bad I think...

·
Registered
65 Posts
mpg

Hello I have viewed this with interest as I play with getting the best mpg
What I have found if you have the computer set to the instant mpg display
as you vary your pressure on the throttle you can lighten your foot to gain the best result.
Without being labelled to pedantic if you anticipate a little in general we can both get up to 60 on the second overall display.
I managed today on a 45 mile journey of mixed A and B roads sticking to posted limits in as higher gear as possible also down a gear and a couple of overtakes
My record which was a bit pedantic 70.1
These are all display mpg and I would say optimistic by 5mpg

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 2.0 Fsi Turbo and on a long non motorway run I have had almost 40mpg. That would however be with the wife and that would have quite an influence on the way I drove. :D

However around town it is really c**p, not much more than 20mpg :(

·
Registered
193 Posts
Fun-tastic

If I decide to have a bit of fun, it can easily go down to single digit mpg :rolleyes:

·
Registered
252 Posts
63.3mpg(UK) from a 2.0 TDI DSG

I generally average around 50mpg(UK) or just under that when urban driving, bit much motorways where I live so my driving is just mainly on single carriageway A-roads a few weeks ago I went on a economy Sunday drive and managed a round with a few stopovers the trop was 81 miles and I managed to achieve overall 63.3mpg(UK) at one point 5miles from hone I was averaging 64.6mpg(UK) but its a long gradual uphill climb o my home so I was both surprised and amazed as I believe the best your supposed to get from a 2.0 Diesel DSG is 61.1mpg(UK).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there; I wondered if you guys were still interested in fuel consumption??

My 2L automatic petrol tfsi seems to do 38 on a run (it tells me) but 35 miles per UK gallon overall.

Don't mind as I LOVE it!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ummm,I think I achieve 26-28 mpg from my V6,but I really do love that howl from the exhaust with the top down.
Had it a month now and still grinning from ear to ear........

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ummm,I think I achieve 26-28 mpg from my V6,but I really do love that howl from the exhaust with the top down.
Had it a month now and still grinning from ear to ear........
Yes, when you press the button, my 2L gives a lovely growl and huge kick, which prompts an 'oh my gosh' Clarkson type reaction too!

PS l have just bought reg no EO55 FLY just to give those in the know a bit of a chortle!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts