Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Ever since I got my Eos I have been using super unleaded or whatever the petrol station I go to at the time of filling up calls it.

Today whilst I was out I went to fill up (my fill point is when I have a quarter of a tank remaining) but when I pulled into the closest petrol station near me they only had regular unleaded so I put £20 in until I get chance to go to a different station where I can fill up with super.

I apologise for another fuel post but doing a search didn’t bring any recent ones up and doing a bit of Googling I believe that the minimum UK standard is now 95 for regular which is higher than the previous minimum standard so is just regular of a standard that is now good enough to use in the 3.2 V6 engine?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Regular UK unleaded has been 95 RON (and super unleaded 98) for as long as I can remember.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Regular UK unleaded has been 95 RON (and super unleaded 98) for as long as I can remember.
Some of the things I read on Google mentioned between around 87 to 92 so I assumed they must have upped it, the last petrol car I had in the UK was probably 15 years ago and prior to my Eos my last car was a diesel so I never took any notice of petrol lol

I think I will be ok running it on regular for now until my next fill when I’ll go back to super....probably won’t be long as I only put £20 in and I average about 21mpg lol

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts