Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Quiet~Flight
149 Posts
Only one I could locate is under the hood next to the battery. Pull the two levers back towards the front to unlock and pull the cap up/off. No diagram however.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I am trying to locate the fuse box on my EOS. Does anyone know where to locate it and how to find a diagram?
Lisa,

With your driver's side door open, you will see a panel on the left side of the dash.

There is a notch on the bottom edge of this panel. Put a small screw dirver in there and pry upward. The panel will pull off with a little effort.

The fuses are under there and you should have a diagram of the fuses in your Owner's Manual.

If you do not have an Onwer's Manual, you can test for a bad fuse with a simple and cheap fuse tester. Any auto parts store will be able to help you.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Simple answer: The fusebox fuse layouts and values can be all different according to your VIN and car build options. The Owners Manual originally supplied with the car will be close to correct, but you still can't rely on it 100%.

Just test each fuse without getting them mixed up. PS: Fuses usually blow only when there's an electrical fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Simple answer: The fusebox fuse layouts and values can be all different according to your VIN and car build options. The Owners Manual originally supplied with the car will be close to correct, but you still can't rely on it 100%.

Just test each fuse without getting them mixed up. PS: Fuses usually blow only when there's an electrical fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you! I was able to find it with the owners manual. There have been many faults with my VW, so an electrical issue would not surprise me one bit! A few months ago, all of my headlights and tail lights would randomly go out. When they went to check the fuse responsible, it was melted😬.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Remember that, when fuses blow, it's not the fuse's fault: fuses are there to protect the electrical and electronic systems, and if a fuse blows, chances are there's a fault elsewhere that needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Just to be aware there have been reports of failures on high current fuses >20A where the fuseholder itself has developed a poor contact, increasing heat to the contact holder exponentially, loosening the spring pressure from the contacts causing arcs, then the ABS fuse box can melt and self destruct!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts