Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all did any of you take out the gap insurance offered by v.w so if you write the car off in an accident or fire or theft in the 1st 3 yrs you will get all the money you paid for the car not what it is worth at the time of accident? it was £299

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes, I took it out. My cars full spec and cost £30k. For the small cost at least I know that I will get the full cost back and I can put a bit more and get another brand new one!

I had a car written off before and I lost a fortune on it. The insurance companies won't cough up as much as you think.

My advice is go for it. After all insurance is always a necessary evil. No one wants to pay the premiums, but are sure glad of it when things go wrong.

·
Registered
113 Posts
yeah i am definitely going for gap insurance - think they quoted me about £350 on a reduced rate though! what prices did other people pay? i may need some haggling material for the dealer!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Was unsure whether to go for it but in the end took it out. Dealer initally quoted £399 for the VW gap policy (Return to Invoice - 15k cover over 3 years).

However found it for £199 on the web and they matched it :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
thanks sia! i will mention that when I go in to pay for mine!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes I did , as my neighbour bought it with her Peugot. I think its worth it.
Lisa

·
Registered
128 Posts
We have GAP (Return to invoice) and have just won a claim on the GAP insurer for her previous car which was written off at 20 months old. GAP policy paid out £8k allowing her to get the EOS!

We bought from the dealer last time (was new to it) but if they are offering it for over £220 don't buy - even if they will match a web price. By quoting a stupid price they are assuming that they can take you for a ride and I object to people who make that assumption.

Just Google "Gap insurance" - ours was bought on the web and is underwritten by Hitachi Capital. Steer clear of C***** P****** which is the one VW/AUDI used to (may still do) sell!

·
Registered
11 Posts
GAP insurance

Got mine from VW dealer, return to invoice £10k – 3years. With a bit of arm twisting £190.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts