Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, now my EOS drive smooth like a baby's butt. After the service for the mechatronics recall yesterday, my EOS no longer have the shaking, or jerking problem. Expecially when I costing to stop, it no longer shake like it is a 20 years old car.
I always not recommend EOS to my friend because that jerking/shaking issue I had. In the past 2 years, I turn it in to 3 different VW delars to check out the issue and all come out the same answer " nothing wrong with the car, it's normal".
Got a letter from VW for the Mechatronics recall last week and finally have time to do it yesterday. After the service I can feel the big different driving home. Very happy the issue is solved, now the only two questions I had are what is mechatronics and why they always told me "nothing wrong" or "it's normal" for all my previous visit?
"Many people complian the jerking..." was indicated on the recall letter so obviously I am not the only one notice the problem. Because people complain, VW do this recall that make me so much happier to be a VW owner. Btw it's my first time go to VW delar in Pasadena, CA. They are so far the best service (and cheapest for oil change $73, compare to $115 in norwalk) for all 4 VW delars I had been in southern California.
now I will recommend EOS to my friend ;)

·
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast
1,255 Posts
I've had a few instances recently where I thought it was just my "error". On one occasion I went from R to D perhaps not with my foot fully on the brake and then the D light flashed....the car behaved as if it were actually in neutral and just revved until I shifted back into N and then again into D and it seemed the gear engaged. On a few other occasions it seems like 1st gear took up rather abruptly and again I thought it was me perhaps being a bit too quick on the gas but maybe it was the Mechatronic unit. I got the letter and have an appt for it to be checked out next weekend along with my 20k service.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a 2008 and rrecieved the letter also. I brought it up at the last service and the dealer responded that they would not touch it unless I had problems. So far, no problems, but I do intend on keeping this car and don't know if I should push the issue?
Lopaka

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
I have a 2008 and rrecieved the letter also. I brought it up at the last service and the dealer responded that they would not touch it unless I had problems. So far, no problems, but I do intend on keeping this car and don't know if I should push the issue?
Lopaka

Lopaka,

Based on my reading of the Service Bulletins relating to this problem; I would be insisting that you have the modifications done now to avoid the inconvenience and possible problems in having it done later on when VW are not giving the same priority and attention to supplying the repair kits.

Your peace of mind should prevail rather than the dealer's possible reluctance to undertake the modification for reasons best known to themselves.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Lopaka
Well, if you got the same letter I did, at the bottom it clearly stated that VW was extending the warranty on the transmission to 100,000 miles or 10 years. So, unless you are bumping up against the 100K limit, I would just go with the flow.

I AM having trouble with this problem (especially backing up on a hill) and recently (2 weeks ago) had the car in for service and the dealer has ordered the "magic" part that supposedly will correct the problem. My son-in-law has an Audi 3 with the same transmission and he had this same correction from his dealer. I just saw him this weekend and he stated that his transmission no longer does the "jerk" when backing up or starting out.

I can hardly wait for mine to be fixed.

·
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast
1,255 Posts
My part has been ordered too and should be in in the next 10 days.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If it's a recall letter then surely the garage has to correct the parts mentioned. I guess there is some justice in the "if it ain't broke...." but I'd want it doing. Anybody know where the recall is being done, I haven't received one yet. I'm in the uk

·
Registered
478 Posts
If it's a recall letter then surely the garage has to correct the parts mentioned. I guess there is some justice in the "if it ain't broke...." but I'd want it doing. Anybody know where the recall is being done, I haven't received one yet. I'm in the uk
I think I read somewhere that it only effects certain serial numbers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just taken my Eos into the dealers (UK) because my car is so jerky. And to my surprise they have ordered a part and will fit it the end of the month. I had expected to be told ' no problem' so if any UK owners are experiencing a jerkiness go to your dealer. I was also shocked that they are going to refurb my Chicagos!!! pointed out a white spot on my ear driver side alloy and the technician found smaller spots on each wheel and said they would traet them all while still under warranty. Pleasantly suprised because I'd gone expecting to argue :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just seen this thread and it is all starting to make more sense. We brought a new Eos in june and it is really jerky and stalls every time we drive it... is it only certain engines it happens to? Does it mean the engine stalls too? I also have a Golf 1.9 tdi and it is much smoother (well the engine sounds like and old truck but drive much better than my new Eos) - thoughts would be fab!

Laura

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone have the "official" release and what it fully states?

And how "jerky" is jerky? I mean mine kinda hesitates off the line a little but I would attribute that more to altitude because this was a Florida car.

And when would I receive a notification about this as my car is still under warranty (only has around 13k) but is a 2007.

Ross

1 - 11 of 11 Posts