Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone with an eos that originally did not have paddle shifters for their dsg that installed a gti steering wheel with paddle shifters, how do you activate the paddles to work? Any specific modules needed?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
anyone with an eos that originally did not have paddle shifters for their dsg that installed a gti steering wheel with paddle shifters, how do you activate the paddles to work? Any specific modules needed? View attachment 22703
VCDS is required for recoding although I’ve known people fit them and they worked straight away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
I did not install a GTI paddle shift steering wheel, but I did retrofit the 2014 EOS Sport wheeel that has the paddle shifters. On our 2014, the steering wheel module was paddle shifter ready, so no module swap was needed. You DO need VCDS (or equivalent) to activate the paddle shifter option on the steering wheel controller. It’s literally a tick the box exercise using the long code helper.

·
Registered
77 Posts
anyone with an eos that originally did not have paddle shifters for their dsg that installed a gti steering wheel with paddle shifters, how do you activate the paddles to work? Any specific modules needed?
I did mine (MY2014) with OBDeleven, very quick, very easy. As I recall, it's in steering column and it's a simple tick the box option, something like "Tiptronic installed" change from 0 to 1 and away you go.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I installed a MK5 GTI wheel but it had paddle shifters but no radio controls. Removed the radio control buttons from the OE wheel (also the control module) and installed them in the GTI wheel. Easy swap. I know this does not help with your question though, as I already had paddle shifters.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts