Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up
Many of the forums have threads that are essentially 1 line (title block)adverts for Mazda.
They are listed as "Sponsored Post"
Clicking on them leads nowhere
Has the site been hacked or is this paid advertising?

Edward Cucurello

·
Registered
645 Posts
If you browse the site without logging in, you'll see ads. I choose the "stay logged in" option so I never see them.

·
Administrator
202 Posts
Those "sponsored threads" are coming from us. Native Advertising type of ad, though I don't believe it's running the way it should. I'll have it looked into

Kevin

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm finding that I can't view the new posts without logging in, and even then It's only a 90% chance even then.

·
Super Moderator
2,245 Posts
I have not had any problems accessing the forum in recent months other than a short period where the log-in screen was corrupted. I reported it to the Administrator and it was rectified a few days later.

All other Forum services were accessible as normal once I logged in.

·
Administrator
202 Posts
With regards to threads not updating when you're logged out. We recently added Cloudflare to the site to provide an optimum experience for users for both site speed and security. This programme prioritizes users who are logged in first so visitors to the site won't see the most up to date content. I'd say that's what's going on here.

Ed

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just get this screen when I try look at New Posts without logging in. Don't stay logged in or save passwords, so is a pain just checking what's going on now.

·
Super Moderator
2,245 Posts
I just get this screen when I try look at New Posts without logging in. Don't stay logged in or save passwords, so is a pain just checking what's going on now.
Shep,

I note there is no password showing under your username in the screen shot so it would appear there has been a problem with corruption or loss of continuity during your login to the forum.

Unfortunately, the resolution of the screenshot is insufficent to allow enlarging to view it properly however I suggest you should login properly each time to visit the forum to avoid the problem you experienced.

If you want to upload high quality images in a post, you have to use an image hosting site that will give you a link address to use in the "Insert Image" command on the top tool bar in the "Reply to Thread" page. The all-round best image size is 640 x 480 pixels [6inch x 4inch] for viewing fine detail.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Shep,

I note there is no password showing under your username in the screen shot so it would appear there has been a problem with corruption or loss of continuity during your login to the forum.
I'm not logged in, that's the point of my post. I used to see what the new posts were before logging in, now I can't. Most the time I use my phone, but having lost one once, I now don't leave logging in on any sites as saved and it used to be easy to just check without logging in. I presume you have tried it without logging in and I'm the only one having the problem. :confused:

·
Administrator
202 Posts
Yup so after Cloudflare was rolled out, in order to see the most updated content, you will need to log in.
If you're logged out, you will see outdated content.

Ed

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I think some of these issues relate to browser cookies settings. If they are allowed and saved, then every time you re-visit the site it has info about you it can update. :confused:

My cookies are always temporary and erased after browser shutdown because some shopping sites like to know its me coming back after searching for other deals. They then increase their offer prices! I revisit this site with all (tracking) cookies erased, so I expect it to see me as a newcomer until I log in. If I access the site from a smartphone it fills the screen up with ads! Which all seems normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts