Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My back Headrest Cover. The back plastic pieces are cracked. How can they be removed and replaced?

It appears they just pull off. But I am afraid to really try until I know exactly how they come off. Could not find anything on it..
Thanks in advance..
D

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
682 Posts
My back Headrest Cover. The back plastic pieces are cracked. How can they be removed and replaced?

It appears they just pull off. But I am afraid to really try until I know exactly how they come off. Could not find anything on it..
Thanks in advance..
D
These just pop off. Designed to disengage when the rollover bars deploy.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
You meet this problem with trim and covers all the time. You can't see hidden plastic pegs or locating forks and pulling in the wrong place can break them. It's often only when you remove one that you can see how clips engage and you can slide something in or pull in the right direction next time. Since the OP has one already damaged and cracked, that's the one to huff and puff with, look inside for the method of fastening and share photos to help others asking the same question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw that video. I guess I can just pull until it pops off.. Was hoping someone else had done this... thanks for the answer...much appreciated...

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
682 Posts
I saw that video. I guess I can just pull until it pops off.. Was hoping someone else had done this... thanks for the answer...much appreciated...
I have done this, they simply pop off, of course I removed mine when my rear seat was removed.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks in advance..
D
This happened has to me twice. Happily, I was able to easily order replacements from MyVWPart.com. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts